Renascent is an accredited leader in the addiction treatment field, with a legacy of serving people impacted by substance addiction for over 50 years. As a charitable health care organization, Renascent is committed to the values of compassion, respect, and empathy, as well as evidence-based approaches and continuous improvement. Renascent addiction treatment programs provide person-centred care within an abstinence-based model, integrating 12 step facilitation with current best practice clinical approaches. Due to the impact of addiction on families, specialized programs and support are also offered for family members, including children. In addition to providing treatment, Renascent actively engages communities through the Renascent Foundation to raise awareness, funds and resources for the treatment and prevention of addiction.
Renascent Foundation is searching for a Philanthropy & Engagement Coordinator. This position will report to the Manager of Philanthropy. The ideal candidate will support the daily fundraising functions including database management, gift recognition, coding, and stewardship. The Philanthropy & Engagement Coordinator will support Renascent’s signature fundraising events: Recovery Shot Golf Tournament, Renascent Laughs, and Walkathon. The ideal candidate should have a thoughtful, collaborative approach to relationship building and focus on donor-centered fundraising. This individual should have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience within the fundraising sector or for-profit sector.
- Actively contribute to the overall success of fundraising campaigns focusing on annual giving, signature events, and third-party events.
- Working closely with the Finance, perform key data management functions– assigning solicitors, capturing contact and relationship information, entering pledges, for core groups of donors such as monthly, mid-level and major donors and prospects.
- Regularly update and maintain the prospect module, donor records, and prospect lists in our donor database, Raiser’s Edge, and prepare pipeline and activity reports as required.
- Maintain accurate donor records and databases; with the occasional donor report.
- Process and mail donor thank you and acknowledgement letters.
- Assist in coordinating donation coding records; recording inclusion or exclusion in direct mail packages as required, including type, attributes and constituency codes.
- Support the Philanthropy team to successfully cultivate, solicit and steward donors and prospects to meet the fundraising goals.
- Ensure smooth day-to-day implementation of stewardship initiatives through close collaboration and coordination with others in the Fund Development and across the organization team.
- Act as an important point of contact for philanthropy-related inquiries.
- Identify high-value fundraisers requiring additional stewardship within the organization.
- Prepares and distributes reports and presentation materials using various software tools including but not exclusive to Microsoft Word, Excel, Raiser’s Edge, and PowerPoint.
- Produce in-depth, well-written, confidential snapshots, profiles, and briefing documents to inform fundraising activities at all company levels.
- Supports the ongoing cultivation, stewardship, retention of donors.
- Works with the Event committees to develop logistics and other details associated with the planning and execution of successful stewardship and cultivation events, including catering, day-of-event logistics, appropriate donor recognition, donation processing and acknowledgements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in a related field – college minimum, university preferred - or a combination of comparable skills and experience.
- Minimum of 1-2-years of experience working in a fundraising environment.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Demonstrated proficiency working with computer applications on a Windows platform (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, electronic mail/scheduling, internet)
- Previous experience working with databases (particularly Raiser’s Edge).
- Excellent interpersonal skills and very strong person-to-person relationship-building.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high-pressure and demanding work environment.
- Proven ability to exercise diplomacy and good judgment.
- Exemplary attention to detail with excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently using an above-average level of initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a fundraising team.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the mission and values of Renascent Fellowship and Renascent Foundation.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.