Reports To:Program Director
Department/Group: Program Services
Location:Work location is your home office in the Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Manitoba and the BBVA office when required
Hours:The hours of work are primarily between 8:30AM-4:30PM but there may be occasional evening and weekend work
Black Business Ventures Association (BBVA) is a 100% black-led non-profit organization with a mandate to discover, educate and mentor black tech entrepreneurs to create social and economic prosperity. Our programs and services are designed and delivered through a relatable learning mechanism that is inclusive of cultural context to help entrepreneurs grow and scale their business. BBVA is launching its new Black Accelerator Program, a 3-month program designed to support black-led, early-stage, tech or technology-enabled businesses, using the LEANSTACK methodology. BBVA is on a mission to help establish 1000 successful, Black-led tech and tech-enabled businesses in Canada by 2030. The vision of BBVA is to foster a vibrant Canadian technology ecosystem with significant participation by the Black community.
The Program Manager is responsible for supporting entrepreneurs and mentors in BBVA Startup’s community. Your role is to be a super connector who understands startups and provides community support to both our founder, coaching and mentor networks. This position offers the opportunity to embed yourself in the BBVA Black tech Startups network while having a first-hand opportunity to shape Black tech Startups’ positioning for scaling our alumni and mentor support programs.As the principal touch point for all applicants and cohort participants, the Program Manager plays a key role in the success of all program participants.
The main responsibilities are:
• Work with accelerator program director to oversee BBVA intake process
• Work alongside the BBVA team to forge partnerships with ecosystem collaborators including live workshop mentors and facilitators, investors, academic institutions, sponsors and other key players.
• Provide general support to our founders, connecting them with resources, coaches and mentors as needed
• Lead community-based events and recruitment workshops to drive application demand for BBVA programming.
• Assist with special projects assigned by the Program Director.
• Manage and engage the alumni community to help support new program cohorts. Collect cohort feedback and program KPIs
The ideal candidate has:
• Completed Degree in Business or Technology related program
• Minimum two years’ of experience in early phase technology companies
• Superior leadership and management skills; ability to influence and engage a variety of constituents
• Managing projects through completion and scheduling and planning projects in advance
• Experience working for an accelerator program is preferred
• Event management experience with high attention to detail
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate effectively across all levels within a culturally diverse organization
• A passion for the developing a black tech innovation ecosystem
• Flawless planning and execution with proactive follow through
• Proven record of operating effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to interface with internal and external executives in a highly professional manner
• Highly organized and detail-oriented self-starter with exceptional prioritization, organization, and time management skills, who can execute with minimal supervision and an “inbox zero” mentality
• Willingness to take on additional tasks and roles with a “can-do” attitude; desire and capacity to learn and grow
• Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment with competing priorities and ambiguity; ability to think critically and problem-solve in response to last-minute changes
The ideal candidate has the following competencies:
• Openness to Intercultural Learning- the ability to manage biases and use curiosity to learn more about others while also learning about yourself and being open to feedback
• Self Awareness- the ability to understand oneself and the impact that one’s perceptions and attitudes have on others
• Collaborative- the ability to create inclusive spaces that value, build upon, and recognize the diverse strengths and expertise of your colleagues
• Focus on outcomes and plan/drive for results- maximizing resources to achieve results that are aligned with the goals of the organization, while maintaining accountability to each other and external stakeholders
• Agility- function as a role mode of how to effectively work through change and how to adapt your approach, even in times of uncertainty and ambiguity
• Lead- positively influence others to support achieving solutions to complex issues
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!