Schedule: 32 hrs/wk; 4 days/wk however flexibility required for some evenings and weekends
WJS Canada provides social services to children, youth, adults and families facing difficulties through a personalized, trauma-informed approach to care, in an environment of cultural respect and support.
As an integral part of the Training Division, the Instructional Designer/Learning Management System (LMS) Coordinator is a hands-on role who ensures training development projects are managed effectively from start to finish. Working alongside WJS stakeholders and subject matter experts, the Instructional Designer creates engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances knowledge retention and transfer to our teams across WJS Canada.
*This is a 12-month temporary, full-time position with the possibility of extension.
In Your Role You Will
• Assess training needs by consulting with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
• Use multi-media instructional design and technical expertise to design, develop and/or author online courses (including SCORM requirements) and learning resources (manuals, job aids).
• Develop engaging learning activities and courses by applying current instructional design and adult education theories, best practice and methods.
• Devise modes of assessment (tests or quizzes, etc. to measure knowledge transfer and course effectiveness)
• Coordinate course curricula uploads to our online Learning Management Systems, including submitting courses/classes, managing rosters
• Draft and distribute learner communications, facilitate course/class evaluations and maintain attendance/enrollment and records.
• Create Ceridian Learning Management reports related to training effectiveness
COVID-19: Please be aware that governments and/or funders within our service sectors are mandating services be provided by employees that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required at time of hiring.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• 3 years eLearning design/development experience and LMS coordination
• Experience in instructional design, instructional technology, adult education.
• Solid knowledge of eLearning authoring tools including Articulate360 - Storyline, Rise, and Video authoring tools – Powtoon, Vyond
• Basic Instructional Design Certification
• Knowledge of LMS functionality for uploading and managing online curricula
• Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models
• Good lesson and curriculum planning skills
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada has over 30 years of success stories providing social services and supports to children, youth, adults and families facing difficulties.
Each day 700 dedicated staff serve approximately 1,300 persons through over 125 services. All our programs provide high quality, personalized and culturally responsive care in even the most complex cases designed to foster positive life changes, increase self-esteem and connections to the community/culture.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Employer-paid health & dental benefits after 3 months of employment
• Professional development opportunities and job-related training
• Flexible hours
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!