InspireHealth, a Canadian leader in supportive cancer care, is seeking a part-time (16-20 hrs/week) Donor Relations Assistant to join our Vancouver team.
InspireHealth is a not-for-profit supportive cancer care organization partially funded by the BC Ministry of Health. Since 1997, we have provided programs and services to enhance quality of life, health and well-being of people living with cancer and their families. Our supportive cancer care services provide better options for health and recovery. We offer practical and personalized exercise therapy, stress management, nutrition and counselling services.
DONOR RELATIONS ASSISTANT POSITION
The Donor Relations Assistant supports the fundraising team at InspireHealth. Based in Vancouver, the role is best suited for an someone who is highly organized, efficient and maintains an immaculate attention to detail. The ability to work independently while part of a team and to exercise sound judgement is essential.
We are looking for someone who is excited to develop their understanding of fundraising and non-profits while contributing to an organization that is improving the lives of cancer patients in British Columbia.
This position reports directly to the Director of Development & Marketing. The Assistant will contribute directly to the development of the donor relationships by ensuring prompt and accurate processing of gifts and thank-you letters, flagging opportunities or concerns to the relationship manager, and at times dealing directly with the donor to coordinate their gift.
Donor Relations Tasks
- Process donations and pledges according to organizational and CRA policies and procedures with high accuracy. Verify all pertinent information given with the gift and make necessary record changes in the database. Flag any missing information (e.g. reminder notices, naming opportunities, etc.). Generate thank you letters and charitable receipts. File batch information, gift agreements etc.
- Flag any opportunities to adjust coding structures to meet the information needs of InspireHealth. Collaborate with the Director of Development and Marketing to develop and implement solutions.
- Develop new queries as requested, working with the requestor to ensure understanding of desired output (e.g. mailing lists, analysis of fundraising results, profile of the database, etc.)
- Assist with the gift tracking of third-party events, ensuring that receipts are within the CRA guidelines to recognize advantage and donation amounts
- Steward donors with thank you calls and letters.
- Balance receipts and prepare deposits
- Reconcile donation reports
- Track and manage sponsorships and auction payments and liaise with donors to receive prompt payment
- Support fundraising campaigns as needed, including our annual A Night to Inspire gala, Rain Walk, and seasonal direct mail campaigns. Tasks may include, but aren’t limited to, auction solicitation and coordination, preparing mailing packages, and supporting event logistics.
- Liaise with donors as required to answer questions and confirm information
- Maintain donor confidentiality and protect InspireHealth operations by keeping information confidential
- Be an ambassador for InspireHealth
- Provide backup assistance to telephone and walk-in reception
- Draft prospect files, cases for support, funding applications and other appropriate correspondence for grant opportunities from corporate and foundation sources
- Pertinent educational background
- Experience in donor relations, event management and/or fundraising an asset
- Experience with ETapestry (or similar donor CRM like Raiser’s Edge) desired but not essential (training will be provided)
- Extremely computer literate, including Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Ability to troubleshoot software problems
- Basic level accounting an asset
- Strong teamwork ability
SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES & EXPERIENCE
- A passion for InspireHealth and desire to support people living with cancer
- High accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of the prospect fundraising cycle an asset
- Knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency legislation as it relates to charitable receipting an asset
- Complete confidentiality and discretion, sound judgement
- Takes pride in doing a good job, high commitment to quality
- Good sense of humour; personable with a positive ‘go-getter’ attitude
- Interest in expanding knowledge of fundraising and non-profit management
- Strong customer service-oriented approach complemented by excellent organizational and time management abilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities from difference sources enhanced by problem solving capabilities
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and initiative – self-starter and self-directed
- A team player who contributes to a supportive, collaborative environment
THE HEALING ENVIRONMENT AT INSPIREHEALTH
We operate within a cultural environment of teamwork, self-responsibility, open communication, integrity, and self-care. We recognize that our personal growth has a direct impact on our ability to successfully realize our goals and provide the highest level of service to our patients. We invite staff to meditate together each morning as a team. This opportunity is ideal for individuals who:
- Are dedicated to their own personal growth, health and well-being at the levels of mind, body and spirit
- Are self-responsible and accountable
- Are team-oriented and heart-centered
- Are passionate about supportive care- healthy nutrition, exercise, stress reduction and emotional support
Start Date: As soon as possible
Status: Part-time (16-20 hrs/week)
Compensation: Competitive Salary
Location: Vancouver office (#200-1330 West 8th Avenue, Vancouver), opportunity to work from home a portion of the time
At InspireHealth, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our patients, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.