Schedule:Avg 42 hrs/wk; 8pm to 8am 12 hour awake shifts 2-week rotation
Week one= Sun, Wed, Thursday
Week two= Mon- Tue, Fri & Sat works every other weekend.
336-43 Auto Alley - Barrhead
WJS Canada is hiring highly qualified Disability Service Workers for the "Auto Alley" residential home in Barrhead to support/supervise individuals with challenging behaviours and developmental disabilities including: developmental delays, epilepsy, Disruptive Behavior Disorder and PTSD. Challenging behaviours will occur on a daily basis and therefore, only those with previous experienced with de-escalation techniques and providing supports to persons with high behaviours and complex needs will be contacted for an interview.
The Overnight Awake Community Disability Support Worker, working an average of 42 hrs/wk, will use extensive knowledge and experience with disabilities and complex needs, to support persons with developmental disabilities in a home-based residential program. They coach individuals with behavior, emotional or physical challenges, teach daily living skills, encourage independence and reinforce strengths that are already in place. This position reports to an assigned Team Leader.
*Complex need rate ($20.09+/hr) paid when supporting complex needs clients. Regular rate ($17.09-$20) paid for training/meetings/non-complex needs work. Any sleep hours are paid at$15/hr*
In Your Role You Will
• During overnight hours staff ensure a consistent, healthy and safe environment for the persons in care and are available to provide immediate support in crisis situations.
• Ensure individuals basic needs are met, i.e., hygiene, personal care, life skills, etc.
• Assist the person in service with evening/morning tasks at the residence/program facility
• Deal with challenging behaviours that can occur on a daily basis.
• Assist and support individuals with developing and achieving personal goals.
• Administer medication, first aid, or notify emergency medical personnel if/when necessary.
• If necessary, drive individuals (in your own vehicle) to appointments, day programs, etc.
• Assist in the design, implementation & evaluation of ISPs, program specific policies & procedures.
COVID-19: Please be aware that governments and/or funders within our service sectors are mandating services be provided by employees that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required at time of hiring.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• MUST HAVE 2 years experience working with individuals with significant mental health concerns, aggressive behaviours and/or trauma.
• Ability to work well in an environment with potential for aggression/violence
• Prefer a Certificate, Diploma or Degree – Disability Service Worker, Social Work, Special Education, Health Care Aide, Personal Support Worker or related field
• Valid class 5 driver license (or GDL and 2 years driving experience) with clear driving abstract and reliable vehicle
• Clear criminal record check & social services involvement check (UPLOAD COPY IF AVAILABLE)
• Current First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification (NVCI or CPI)
• Training in Trauma Informed Practice, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Behaviour Management, Conflict Resolution, Food Safe
• Confident & able to function in a crisis
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada provides social services to children, youth, adults and families facing difficulties. We provide support and services to persons with developmental disabilities, at-risk youth, offenders who wish to rejoin and contribute to their community and adults recovering from an acquired brain injury.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!