About Us: Closer to Home Community Services (CTH) is a Calgary and Airdrie based not-for-profit agency that delivers a variety of services designed to meet the unique needs of vulnerable children and their families. Be a part of an innovative team that envisions a future where every child will thrive within supportive family and community relationships by:
- uncovering strength, hope and healing, and creating new possibilities for a brighter future for children and families
- providing a broad array of strength-based and family-centered services that strive to preserve, reunify and build stronger families who can care for their children and contribute meaningfully in their community
About the Position:
- This full-time position, in Calgary or Airdrie, works closely with a team of professionals to support our Community Teaching Homes.
- The Awake Overnight Staff’s primary responsibility is to provide awake and proactive overnight supervision in our programs for clientele ranging in age from 6 years to adulthood and to ensure the safety and security of all clients. This includes, but is not limited to, implementing and documenting hourly room checks, investigating any unusual night time activity in the house and contacting on-call or supervisory staff as needed to assist with any emergencies.
- You will also be required to complete administrative tasks and household tasks (such as cleaning and food prep) as needed.
- You possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to effectively communicate with and relate to people of all ages.
- You work well independently and understand the responsibilities that come with working with minimal supervision.
- You are a compassionate individual with a positive and empathetic approach. In addition, you are eager to learn and carry out the principles and philosophy of Closer to Home and the Teaching-Family Model.
- Previous experience working with vulnerable children and families would be an asset.
- You must be willing to work a flexible work week, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- The successful candidate must also have a valid Alberta Driver’s License, adequate and current insurance and be willing to provide a driver’s abstract upon hire. In addition, a Police Information Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search and an Intervention Record Check must be completed prior to commencement.
Required Competencies: All positions at Closer to Home Community Services require (5) competencies: Instills Trust, Consumer Focus, Communicates Effectively, Situational Adaptability and Ensures Accountability.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their Cover Letter and Resume using the following link:
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.closertohome.com.