The BGC Central Vancouver Island (BGCCVI) is a registered Non-Profit and charitable organization on Vancouver Island serving over 1000 children, youth and families in the Comox, Courtenay, Lantzville, Nanaimo, Chase River and Ladysmith areas through a wide variety of enriching programs at over 14 club locations. This position provides a rewarding career opportunity for those seeking to make a positive contribution to a community-based, growth-oriented organization. As caring adult role models, BGCCVI staff build healthy, supportive relationships with children and youth, which in turn can positively influence the life path they choose. Reporting to Amanda Daly, the Out of School Care Manager; the Out of School Care Supervisor III/ IV is responsible for:
• The design, implementation, and evaluation of a program schedule that includes age-appropriate activities for program participants that include all elements of BGCCVI Core Programming standards.
• Ensure the program standards, guidelines, and policies of the Boys and Girls Club are upheld and all Community Care Licensing requirements are met.
• Responsible for the recruitment and hiring of staff for their program.
• Working with billing coordinators to ensure appropriate paperwork is received and fees are collected for the program Job Requirements:
• An undergraduate degree in social sciences/recreation, or
• Combination of work experience and education is required - minimum 15 to 20 hours Child Related Education
• Two (2) years previous work experience in a similar environment is preferred
• Previous supervisory and management experience is preferred
• ECE, ECEA and/or Responsible Adult Certifications are an advantage
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest however, only those applicants who are short listed for an interview will be contacted. BGC of Central Vancouver Island is an equity employer and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to a diverse and inclusive staff team.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!