We envision a matriarchal community where all Indigenous women in BC are safe and respected with a sense of belonging and connection to cultural traditions. To bring our vision into reality, we advocate for systems change and provide Indigenous, culturally safe learning and other holistic supports to strengthen family systems and uplift Indigenous women.
The supervised access worker supervises and facilitates visits between children in care and their birth parents or grandparents. Duties include meeting the needs of the children, ensuring a positive, safe experience for the parents and child and creating a secure visit environment for the child. All supervisors will produce a written report of their observations of the visit to be handed in within two weeks of the visit unless otherwise requested due to an incident.
• Transport children between caregivers.
• Maintain pick up and drop off schedule at allotted times.
• Ensure children are supervised while in your care.
• Create written reports after each visit, submitted weekly.
• Certificate in any field related to social services.
• Minimum of 2 years experience working with children and families.
• First Aid certificate is required.
• Recent criminal record check is required.
• A valid BC driver’s license.
• Access to a reliable vehicle – Insurance policy: Minimum $3 million, 2nd party liability and business class.
• Skills in conflict resolution, child protection, early childhood development and/or social worker background are preferred.
• Ability to remain impartial and non-judgmental at all times.
• Ability to uphold confidentiality at all times.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent observational and documentation skills.
• Clean driving abstract – Minimum 4 years of safe driving.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Indigenous cultural heritage is an asset.
Rate of Pay: $22.00 per hour, dependent upon experience. May qualify for benefits after a 3-month probation period.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!