We envision a matriarchal community where all Indigenous women in BC are safe and respected with a sense of belonging and connection to cultural traditions. To bring our vision into reality, we advocate for systems change and provide Indigenous, culturally safe learning and other holistic supports to strengthen family systems and uplift Indigenous women.
Under the direction of Home Care Services Management, the homemaker performs duties to teach and assist clients in maintaining a healthy and safe home environment. Duties include mentoring, cleaning, doing laundry and meal preparation (if needed). Cleaning supplies will be provided. No formal training required.
• Assists individuals and their families in establishing a clean home environment.
• Perform tasks such as:
o General housekeeping and cleaning
- Clean all surfaces, mop floors, wash dishes.
- Clean bathroom tub, toilet, counters, and mirrors.
- Change linens.
o Meal Preparation
• Report to Management about service delivery results and client experience.
• Recent criminal record check required.
• First Aid certification required.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to prepare meals.
Rate of Pay: $20.00 per hour, dependent upon experience. May qualify for benefits after a 3-month probation period.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!