Program Facilitator/Employment Counsellor, Job ID #8048
IPLAN PRACTICE Bridge Training Program & Employment Ontario
Full-time /1 year contract with possibility of renewal / Starting ASAP / Keele & Finch
As an outstanding provider of services for achieving success at school and at work, JVS Toronto helps thousands of people from all walks of life achieve their educational, economic and personal potential. Within newcomer services, PLAN PRACTICE is a Bridge Training Program for Internationally Trained Professionals (ITPs) in Architecture. Funded by the Government of Ontario, the program focuses on participants achieving licensure as an Architect in Ontario and transitioning into management and senior architectural positions. The program includes occupation specific (OS) technical training, OS workplace culture and communication training, OS employment services, mentorships, internships and networking opportunities. To be delivered online, the program will serve approximately 120 newcomer architectural professions in 6 cohorts of 20 participants (two cohorts per year) over three years.
As a key member of the architecture team you will develop an understanding of the requirements for licensure as an architect in Ontario and liaise with a team of subject matter experts.
We’re looking for someone who will
• Develop new and refine existing curriculum as needed to facilitate sector specific workshops online to two cohorts of highly integrated newcomer architecture clients per year;
• Deliver orientation sessions to potential applicants, assess eligibility and conduct intake of clients; coordinate referrals to other programs and services as needed
• Provide information and employment counselling focused on licensure and transitioning to senior roles; case manage clients as needed with EO including developing service plans that demonstrate the coordination of appropriate interventions to support their career goals
• Work with the program team to plan and implement networking, mentoring and end of cohort activities, as well as marketing and outreach strategies
• Coordinate provision of services with the Workforce Specialist to effectively assess clients’ motivation, reliability and dependability
• Maintain client case files in compliance with the Employment Ontario model requirements; monitor clients’ progress with ongoing follow-up
• Liaise with the program evaluator to facilitate the completion of evaluation surveys and tracking survey results for use in implementing program improvements
• Track participant licensure and employment outcomes for reports at 3, 6 and 12 months post completion
The position will also incorporate employment counselling services to Employment Source program job seekers. This will include case management utilizing Salesforce and CaMS systems, individual employment counselling and facilitation of employment workshops offered online within the Employment Ontario (EO) program.
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends will be required for this position.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling or Social Services with placement experience, or a related degree with 3-5 years of counselling experience. International degrees must be evaluated for Canadian equivalency.
• 2 years of proven group facilitation experience; experience in curriculum development and online program delivery; proven ability to motivate and train professionals from diverse backgrounds including newcomer professionals
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively deal with internationally trained professionals and people from various cultural backgrounds; sensitivity to diversity
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of current local labour market trends, community services and resources across the GTA
• Computer literate; knowledge of various databases with a proven ability to learn agency-used systems (i.e. SalesForce, EOIS, and CAMs)
• Strong skills and expertise in on-line facilitation and service delivery
• A clear Police Vulnerable Sector check is required for this position
Our ideal candidate will also have:
• Employment Ontario knowledge and exposure
• Knowledge of job search strategies and labour market trends specific to the architecture industry
• Certification from a Career and Work Counsellor Program
• Certification from an institution such as VRA Canada or ICCI
• A valid Ontario driver’s license and access to your own vehicle as some travel may be required for this position
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter here.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!