Out of School Care (OSC) Supervisor I / ECE Graduates
The BGC Central Vancouver Island (BGCCVI) is a registered Non-Profit and charitable organization on Vancouver Island serving over 1000 children, youth and families. At BGC, advocacy means amplifying youth voices, standing up for children and their families, and actively pushing decision makers towards a more inclusive and equitable Canada. This position provides a rewarding career opportunity for those seeking to make a positive contribution to a community-based, growth-oriented organization. As caring adult role models, BGCCVI staff build healthy, supportive relationships with children and youth, which in turn can positively influence the life path they choose.
The Out of School Care Supervisor I or ECE Graduate is responsible for:
• The design, implementation, and evaluation of a program schedule that includes age-appropriate activities for program participants that include all elements of BGCCVI Core Programming standards.
• Ensure the program standards, guidelines, and policies of the Boys and Girls Club are upheld and all Community Care Licensing requirements are met
• Responsible for the recruitment and hiring of staff for their program
• Working with Billing Coordinator to ensure appropriate paperwork is received and fees are collected for the program
• An undergraduate degree or diploma in social sciences/recreation, or education
• Combination of work experience and education is required - minimum 20 hours Child Related Education
• Two (2) years previous work experience in a similar environment is preferred
• Previous supervisory and management experience is preferred
• Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Job Status: Full-Time (31 - 40 hours per week)
Hourly Rate: $18.40 per hour
*Licensed ECE would be eligible for the ECE Wage Enhancement*
Location: Chase River, Nanaimo, B.C.
Posting Expires: January 31, 2022
BGC of Central Vancouver Island is an equity employer and encourages applications from persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous people, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others who may contribute to a diverse and inclusive staff team. We appreciate and thank all applicants for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!