Program Facilitator/Employment Counsellor, Keele & Finch
Job ID# 8049 / Full-time / 1 year contract with possibility of renewal / Starting ASAP /
Recruitment for Equity, Accessibility and Diversity (READY) is a MLTSD funded bridge training program for Internationally Trained Professionals with a background in Human Resource and Recruitment to integrate into commensurate employment in Canada in the recruitment sector. It also prepares skilled immigrants in industries that are in low demand in COVID and post-COVID economy to transfer their skills and experience into employment in this area.
The program will be delivered in partnership with George Brown College and Ares Staffing. It offers newcomers an opportunity to gain knowledge of the Canadian workplace, provides access to mentorships and the possibility of internships and employment in the field. This program is delivered in a blended model of in-person and online services.
We are looking for an upbeat, outgoing individual who has experience delivering online workshops, has deep hands on knowledge of the employment, recruitment and job development industry, and has the ability to develop and deliver relevant curricula to keep internationally trained professionals motivated during their training and job search. This person will also bring with them their job search strategy and labour market expertise to ensure program and employment targets are met.
Your duties will include:
• Conducting outreach to ensure adequate number of eligible and qualified participants apply to the program
• Conducting orientation sessions, assessing participant eligibility and coordinating referrals
• Developing and implementing JVS-led sector-specific curriculum as well as supporting other partners in their curriculum development and delivery
• Facilitating, leading and instructing students; maintaining participants’ records, files and training materials
• Conducting extensive outreach to arrange and coordinate mentoring partnerships for program participants, monitoring work experience placements and practicum sites; liaising with community partners
• Conducting participant evaluations, liaising with program evaluator, and monitoring progress and developing action plans where necessary
• Assembling data for use in reports and program evaluation and to implement improvements
• Case manage and capture client information in both agency and government databases
• Support intake/assessment and employment counselling services of the location.
• Documenting and monitoring employment outcomes, assisting with the development of strategies to ensure employment targets are reached and track participant progress both during and after program completion
Flexible hours / evenings / weekends may be required for this position.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling or Social Services with placement experience, or a related degree with 3-5 years of counselling experience. International degrees must be evaluated for Canadian equivalency.
• Experience working with Internationally Educated Individuals in the immigration, employment and/or settlement sectors
• Experience working in the employment and job development industry
• Solid organizational, oral and written communication skills
• Computer literate; proficiency in Microsoft Office, LMS and online delivery platforms is necessary for this position
• A clear Police Vulnerable Sector check is required for this position
Our ideal candidate will also have:
• Knowledge of the labour market specific to recruitment
• Online curriculum development and facilitation is a definite asset
• Certificate from a career and work counselling program
• Certification from an organization such as VRA Canada or ICCI
• Knowledge of CAMS and exposure to Employment Ontario
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter here.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!