Administrative Assistant, Keele & Finch
Job ID# 4028 Canada-Ontario Job Grant
Full time / 6-month contract with possibility of renewal / Starting ASAP
The COJG (Canada-Ontario Job Grant) is a comprehensive new fund designed to boost workplace skills, productivity and competitiveness across Canada. It provides financial support for employers to deliver short-term training to existing and new employees. The program allows employers to choose both the training that meets their workforce development needs and the individuals to be trained. A shared investment between employers and the government, up to a $10,000 grant per person trained may be available to employers.
The JVS Employment Source office, funded by MTCU, provides employment services to unemployed individuals of all ages, financial backgrounds and skills to help them gain employment within their field or a related field. To achieve this goal, a range of services is provided at one location including information and referral services, one-on-one employment counselling, employment workshops, and job development/ placement services.
We’re looking for someone who will:
• Assist employers with a high volume of complex applications. Respond to inquiries about the COJG program
• Assist in researching and reviewing all application, checking for participant registration and all necessary forms
• Set up, maintain and file client records in EOIS-CaMS. Prepare rosters of clients as needed. Assist with statistical and program reports
• Perform tasks related to closure process and follow up of employers and participants
• Monitor all 5 COJG Employment Source sites
• Provide clerical support, including editing and formatting reports, preparing and completing agency and government forms, word processing of correspondence, reports and other materials, filing, faxing and photocopying
• Share reception duties and customer service to all clients, employers and visitors
• Assist with organizing appointments, orientations, and workshops and follow-up
• Update client information on the JVS client tracking system and program specific database as per program needs and standards
• Provide administrative support in processing claims for the training incentive component. Maintain up-to-date client and employer files
• Maintain office supplies and equipment. Assist location staff with all administrative and other related duties
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma
• 1-2 years of office administration experience
• Strong organization skills; detail oriented with ability to multi task
• Effective time management and problem solving skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Advanced computer skills; the ability to learn systems used by the agency
Our ideal candidate will also have:
• Familiarity with COJG
• Employment Ontario knowledge and exposure
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter here.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application, please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!