Early Childhood Educator
Permanent full-time position, 35 hours/week
Hourly salary range: $21.34 to $25.71
Under the authority of the Specialized Services Director, the incumbent always works within the principles of health promotion and the determinants of health. He/she provides support and intervention services to children aged 0 to 6 years and to their parents and participates in the healthy and balanced development of children in their families and in the community.
- Ensure the planning and organization of activities aimed at the physical, social and emotional development of the child and that encourage parent-child interaction according to Ontario's pedagogy for the early years, How does learning happen?
- Prepare and facilitate physical activities for various target groups, daycares and schools in the region
- Assess the needs of children with special needs and develop programs and services accordingly
- Provide information to parents about healthy child development
- Prepare and facilitate workshops for families
- Assist in the preparation of promotional materials and statistics
- Organize volunteer assignments and supervise volunteers, interns and students as required
- Establish links with community groups and organizations and participate in community initiatives to improve the quality of life of children
- Prepares snacks for group activities and ensures the sanitation of the premises
- Participate in internal and external meetings
Specific Skills and Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree in Early Childhood Education
- Two years of relevant early childhood education experience
- Membership in the College of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario
- Knowledge of Ontario's youth programs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience in group facilitation
- Good knowledge of child development and child intervention skills
- Sensitivity to the needs of ethnocultural and socio-economic diverse families
- Availability to work flexible hours that may include Saturdays and evenings
- Excellent knowledge of oral and written French, and good knowledge of oral and written English
- Good knowledge of MS Office software
- Valid driver's license and access to a motor vehicle
- Provide a criminal record check including the vulnerable sector check
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination (or medical ticket for exemption) will be requested at time of hire
Please send us your cover letter and resume written in French or in English.
The CSC is committed to the principle of equal access to employment. Accommodations are available upon request. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.