Would you like to work for a not-for-profit organization that has a mission of being Canada’s leading service provider, resource and advocate, empowering people with disabilities to live and thrive in communities nationwide?
March of Dimes Canada (MODC) is a federally registered national charity that offers a wide variety of programs and services to Canadians living with disabilities. Since 1951, starting with the polio epidemic, March of Dimes Canada has been on the forefront of the disability movement. Our Purpose is: Champion Equity, Empower Ability. Our Vision is an inclusive, barrier-free society for people with disabilities. Through our Culture Code we live the values of: We Are One Team, We Are Accountable To Ourselves and Each Other, and We Adapt and Grow Together.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Payroll, the Benefits Coordinator is accountable for performing the day-to-day and periodic administration function for MODC pension and benefits programs. This includes enrollment of new employees, changes, terminations and disability. To do so, the Coordinator monitors all benefit eligibility windows, and ensures that all systems have accurate, coordinated data to reflect enrolment as per MODC policies and Insurance carrier contracts. The Coordinator ensures that any additional deductions (such as employee share of benefit premiums and pension contributions) are processed accurately. The Benefits Coordinator acts as the MODC contact person for all benefit and pension questions.
- Administer group benefits and pension plan ensuring enrolment, changes and terminations of participants entered in a timely manner
- Administration, reconciliation and reporting of benefits and pension plan integrated into the Payroll and service providers’ systems
- Liaise with benefits provider and responsible for employee benefit update, accurate benefits deductions and record keeping
- Serve as a primary source of information for re-enrolment
- Update benefits handbook as required for executive, non-union and unionized groups
- Coordinate the application of administrative procedures; prepare HR reports; update employee information in all applicable internal and external systems
- Process adjustments due to increases, leaves, transfers or terminations
- Calculate premium costs for employee share of optional benefit elections, and pension plan participation
- Monitor pension eligibility, e-mail correspondence and complete enrolment process
- Investigate and resolve rejected claims in a timely manner
- Communicate, coordinate and confirm accurate information with Payroll and HR prior to submission of claims
- Conduct and analysis the benefits reconciliation
- Balance and reconcile the benefits accounts monthly for review and approval
- Process semi-monthly, quarterly, and annual remittances for benefits, pension plan contributions together with appropriate reports, and/or correspondence
- Maintain benefit cost summary for management; reconcile with and report on status of benefits clearing account as well as sufficiency of benefit charge assessed to operations
- Maintain benefits-related data in HRIS, and ensure consistency with payroll information
- Provide training and support to the Payroll Benefits Administrator
- Demonstrate the confidentiality and integrity of the Payroll Team
- Other tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- College diploma or University Degree in related fields; preference with CEBS designation
- Minimum 3-5 years benefits experience required
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Experience in Quatro and QHR an asset
- Strong mathematical and accounting skills
- Demonstrable strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize with an aptitude to effectively handle competing deadlines under pressure
- Attention to detail and accuracy, appropriately balanced with the need to complete tasks
- Self motivated and capable of independent and self-guided work
- Accepts and adapts to change
- Excellent written, interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to maintain confidential, sensitive and personal information
- Not-for-profit sector experience is an asset
Please note the following:
- This position will be a member of the national team, reporting to our Toronto office.
- This is a work from home position; the successful candidate will be provided with a laptop in order to do the job.
- Please indicate where you saw this posting in your cover letter, for our tracking purposes.
Please note that March of Dimes Canada has a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy. All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by receiving all required doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada at least 14 days prior to the commencement of their employment, or as otherwise recommend by public health authorities. We will provide reasonable accommodation to individuals who are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or on the basis of any other protected ground, as required under applicable human rights legislation.
March of Dimes Canada is committed to a workforce that is reflective of the diverse populations that we serve. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and accessibility standards across Canada, March of Dimes Canada will provide accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive, equitable and accessible.