This job is 1 day a week.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To plan, coordinate and facilitate weekly peer support meetings for immigrant families with a specific awareness on group process and dynamics, as well as diversity and cross-cultural communication
- To ensure topics and activities within each Program are focused on goals and outcomes
- To book speakers to provide guidance and advice to participants in response to their specific interests
- To organize a wait list and group attendance in response to group capacity limits
- To assist in planning and implementation of age appropriate activities
- To ensure the safety and well-being of children at all times, and the privacy and confidentiality of the families
- To provide community resources, information and referral to participants as needed
- To provide monthly group reports as required
- To purchase food and program supplies
- To maintain open communication with program supervisor and child minding staff
- To perform other duties as required
- Education and Knowledge
- Certificate in relevant field (preferred)
- Spanish language written and spoken is required
- Training and Experience
- One (1) year recent related experience or an equivalent of education, training and experience.
- Experience working with children and adults.
- Experience working with children and youth in a social/recreational capacity.
- Current First Aid Certification required.
- Skills and Abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Other Information
- Covid-19 Vaccination Status
- Criminal Record Check
At Encompass Support Services Society, equity, diversity, and inclusion at the core of who we are. These principles guide us in our programs and services and in fostering an environment of dignity, respect and belonging. We encourage applications from persons with historical and/or current barriers to equity, who will work respectfully within our inclusive organization and diverse community.
Encompass Support Services Society follows the guidelines of the Public Health Officer and WorkSafeBC to ensure all our employees, contractors and volunteers are welcomed into a safe environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please no phone calls.