This job is 2 days a week.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plans, carries out and evaluates developmentally appropriate activities and experiences for children using modelling, observing, questioning, demonstrating and reinforcing techniques. Develops daily program schedules that include indoor/outdoor, active/quiet and individual and group activities.
2. Identifies the abilities, interests and needs of children and develops individualized curriculum based on these. Recommends referrals or additional services or work in consultation with professionals such as behavioural therapists, occupational therapists and speech language pathologists.
3. Attends to the children’s physical needs that may include diapering, toileting, eating and sleeping. Administers first aid and medication in accordance with established policy.
4. Reports on progress, behaviours and other issues related to children. Complete other program related reports as requested by supervisor
5. Ensures and maintains a healthy and safe playroom environment in which the children can interact. Identifies and removes potential hazards.
6. Communicates with families about children’s growth and development. Requests input from and participation of parents in the development of programs. Confers with parents with regard to unusual or problematic issues. Ensure a family centered approach to childcare.
7. Provides work direction and support to early childhood educator assistants as required.
8. Develop and maintain positive interactions with school administration.
9. Purchase program materials and supplies as required.
10. Maintain confidentiality of all information related to programs, children, parents and staff.
11. Maintain ECE certification by adhering to requirements and guidelines set out by the licensing body.
12. Perform other related duties as required.
1. Education and Knowledge
2.Early Childhood Education Certificate, plus Special Needs or Infant Toddler / Under Three Certificate.
2. Training and Experience
1.One (1) year recent related experience
2. Valid First Aid and CPR
3. Skills and Abilities
1.Ability to be flexible, resourceful and possess good time management skills.
2. Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, including lifting, and bending.
4. Other Information
1.Covid-19 Vaccination Status
2.Class 4 Driver’s License an asset
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!