North Shore ConneXions Society is a non-profit organization that supports adults with intellectual disabilities. We offer residential services, day programs, employment supports and recreation and education opportunities. Our teams are skilled at finding creative and motivating ways to engage our clients in all aspects of their lives.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Full-Time Vocational Trainer to work within ConneXions day program, North Shore Options.
Goals and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Vocational Trainer provides a stimulating recreational and educational environment in which individuals with intellectual disabilities have the opportunity to live active and fulfilling lives.
- Provides inclusion support as a key worker, follows safety protocols and provides support with social interactions, community inclusion, educational programs and micro businesses.
- Works as part of a team to ensure that individuals achieve personally meaningful programs that develop independence, community access, and vocational skill development both in person and through virtual programming. Experience with computers and creating virtual recreational and educational content is an asset.
- Allows participants to explore new ideas while motivating them to achieve success in social enterprises/micro businesses. This will include; developing business plans, accountability of funds, marketing development for that item and supporting the person
served to run a small business.
- Supports individuals to become self-sufficient in all areas of daily living and in a recreational setting without over-instructing.
- Maintains a safe and healthy environment for those you support, for your co-workers and for yourself while promoting independence.
- General administration, report writing, newsletter creation and regular articles, record keeping, accountability of funds.
- Actively practice the Values, Beliefs and future direction of ConneXions in an ethical, caring and professional manner.
- General administration, report writing, record keeping, and accountability of funds.
Requirements of the Position:
- Certificate in human services or related field (equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Minimum of six months of relevant experience in a similar environment.
- Experience with challenging behaviours, mental health concerns and Nonviolent Crisis Intervention techniques.
- Ability to function efficiently under pressure and manage multiple concurrent demands.
- Criminal record check, Valid First Aid, Medical Approval, TB Clearance, satisfactory Reference Checks, suitable Driver's Abstract, Class 4 BC driver’s license and reliable vehicle for work.
Monday 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
Tuesday 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
Wednesday 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
Thursday 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 3:30 pm
Total Hours: 37.5 per week
Only candidates that apply with a cover letter and resume will be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. North Shore ConneXions Society is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.