As part of the Child Care Services Team, the QOSC Manager oversees all aspects of Out of School Care programming at Ecole Quadra Elementary including: enrollment, supervision of staff, program planning & delivery, and administration. As this program operates in a busy environment within shared spaces, there is also a strong focus on building positive, professional relationships with school staff and administration in addition to children and families, the broader team at BGCA, and the general public.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Over-see and participate in the day to day delivery of services to children, including all duties of front-line workers
· Ensure delivery of a variety of quality, age-appropriate activities that meet the social, cognitive, physical, emotional and social needs of children of all skills and abilities.
· Respond to parent concerns in a timely manner
· Maintain program waitlists, distribute registration packages, and ensure orientation of new families to the program, the facility and staff
· In cooperation with the Team Leader ensure facilities are clean and safe, that equipment is in good repair, and liaise with school district staff concerning space within the school
· Ensure a consistent, authorized pick up system is in place and communicated to parents and school administration
· With the support of the Team Leader, participate in the recruitment, hiring and evaluation of front line program staff
· Develop and implement procedures for meeting with individual staff members to solve any problems that may occur such as absenteeism, negative attitude, etc
· Participate in grievance resolutions amongst staff
· Meet with staff team at least once every week to discuss the program, build the team, etc
· Ensure that there is an effective method for the daily sharing of service delivery information
· Assist the staff in arranging for substitutes, preparing plans, reporting, etc
· With the support of the Team Leader, review and update job descriptions as necessary
Financial & Administrative
· Maintain records of participants as well as staff in accordance with BGCA procedures
· Oversee program expenditures such as staffing, groceries and program supplies within a prescribed budget and provide information to the Team Leader regarding the budgetary needs of the program in a timely manner
· Ensure timesheets and expenses are submitted to the Team Leader in a timely manner
· Attend weekly Program Manager’s meetings.
· Work with staff to create and maintain a healthy, safe, clean, and attractive environment
· Develop and maintain positive & effective relationships with the school administration and staff, community partners, government agencies, etc.
· Represent the program, and/or society, at official functions and local events, as needed.
· Provide opportunities for the community to visit the centre and learn more about the value of the program
· With the support of the Team Leader work to maintain a sense of connectedness for staff to the broader BGCA team (multiple sites)
· Encourage a learning environment for staff, attend conferences and workshops on appropriate topics and issues
· Ensure completion of annual professional development that is equivalent to at least two day’s work
· Play an active role in professional or child care organizations such as ROSCO.
· A valid Class 5 license is required
· A valid Class 4 license (or a willingness to obtain one within an agreed time frame) is preferred
· A degree in education, child care, social work or a related field, or an equivalent of education and experience is required
· Experience in direct program delivery in the child care field, with a demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs and related legislation and policies
· Previous management experience
· Demonstrated teamwork, strong, positive leadership and supervisory skills.
· Good organization, time and general management skills as well as computer skills (Word, Excel)
· Excellent oral, written, facilitation and interpersonal communication skills
· Ability to establish and maintain positive, effective relations with children, staff, families
· Valid first aid certificate
· No relevant criminal record
· Minimum of 19 years of age
· In addition, the ideal candidate will contribute to a team-focused work environment, working collaboratively across departments to best meet the needs of those we serve
HOURS OF WORK
September to June: 35 hours per week between the hours of 7:30 am-5:30pm. It requires two days with split shifts for morning care (7:30-9:00 am). This position requires the manager to be on site in the Quadra School but not in ratio for program hours. Administrative work is done at the Burnside Gorge Community Centre.
July-August: 37.5 per week during summer day camp.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: Flexible, Jan 4th, 2022
WAGE AND BENEFITS
$23.00/hour. BGCA offers a competitive extended health benefits package after a successful three-month probation period.
Childcare Services Team Leader
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!