Reporting directly to the Childcare Manager, Leaders are responsible for the planning and
implementation of licensed out-of-school care programs.
Specific tasks include:
• With support from the Manager, coordination and planning of all aspects of delivering a wide variety of age appropriate programs and activities for children 5-11 years of age
• Ensuring that all staff, volunteers and participants act in accordance with the Code of Conduct of the Burnside Gorge Community Association
• Providing all required care and support to program participants including (but not limited to): the provision of first aid, behaviour management and appropriate risk management
• Liaising with parents and guardians and the Manager on all aspects of the children’s behaviour and participation
• Ensuring that all health and safety guidelines, policies and procedures are followed at all times during the program operation
• Performing related duties (such as transporting children via bus or van) as required
• Ensuring that all licensing requirements are met
• Monitoring and maintaining program supplies
• Attending all necessary staff meetings and training sessions
• Performing necessary housekeeping duties as required
• Communicating with the Manager and staff to promote an open, collaborative environment
• Ability to understand and apply current recreation, child development and child care philosophy
• Ability to lead and deliver school-aged programs with minimal supervision
• Understanding and ability to apply first aid and emergency response
• Excellent interpersonal skills and positive customer service skills
• Previous experience working with children in a licensed child care or recreation based setting
• Ability to maintain records (observing and recording)
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Standard First Aid and CPR ‘C’
• Clean criminal record check
• Minimum of 19 years of age
• Class IV license is an asset
Hours of Work
Hours vary depending on availability and program needs. Shifts include 7:30am-9:00am and
2:30pm-5:30pm or 2:15pm-5:30pm, Monday through Friday. We are seeking multiple
candidates to fill several positions ranging from 16-24.25 hours a week. There are also
opportunities for additional hours during non-instructional days (pro d, early dismissal) as well
as during seasonal camps.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!