Do you have a passion for Thrift? Are you motivated, looking for a role with a purpose, and have a desire to make a difference in your local community? We offer a unique way to serve through retail and recycling in support of the second largest social service organization in Canada!
If you are looking to further your career in retail consider joining our team. We offer a competitive total compensation package including paid sick time, vacation starting at 6% (3 weeks), and employer-paid RRSP contributions with additional voluntary matching opportunities, Health, Dental, EFAP, and LTD benefit opportunities. All within an environment that demonstrates our core competencies of collaboration, communication, composure, and being service focused in everything we do.
As a Shift Supervisor you provide assistance to the Store Manager during assigned shifts by coordinating the activities of the store.
• Communicate courteously with guests by telephone, email and face to face, providing excellent guest service
• Opening and closing of store
• Issue exchanges, voids, and handle cash register transactions as required
• Daily reporting on sales and production
• Authorizing payment and return merchandise
• Resolve problems as they arise
• Supervising the operational staff and volunteers in the absence of Store Management
• Provide ongoing training and monitoring of staff
• Fulfil various sales and production roles within the store
• Comply with all legislative and company policies and procedures adhering to Health and Safety, Operations, and Finance
Shift Supervisor Skills and Qualifications
• A retail enthusiast who is focused on guest service;
• Has a minimum grade 10 education with 2-5 years demonstrated retail experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered);
• Familiarity with cash handling, pricing, sorting procedures, product display and promotion guidelines;
• Results driven with superior time management skills and the ability to delegate effectively;
• Demonstrated trustworthiness and responsibility;
• Possess strong written and oral English communication skills (French were required);
• Thrive on building relationships;
• Ability to push, pull, bend, crouch, twist, lift and carry ;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office suite, internet, and familiar with basic office equipment;
• Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed;
• Must be resident in and eligible to work in Canada
• The successful candidate will be required to provide Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the employer
We provide a passionate fast paced community environment where you will be immersed in our operations and service. You will experience firsthand the impact of our work in our communities.
Competitive compensation including:
• Staff discounts
• Employer paid RRSPs starting at 4% of earnings with additional contribution matching opportunities
• Vacation time starting at 6% (3 weeks)
• Paid sick time
• The opportunity to learn new skills, job advancement, and recognition programs
• Employee and Family Assistance Plan
• Long term disability coverage
You can expect:
• To join a hands-on work environment where you will be required to physically move through our operation while adhering to daily goals.
• We are operational 7 days a week and schedule our employees based on operational needs - days, evenings and weekends (Please Note: Our stores are open for shopping Monday to Saturday and Sundays we are open to receive donations).
As part of our ongoing commitment to ensuring a safe and healthy work environment for all of our employees, CSA approved footwear is required for all Retail and DRC positions within NRO.
In support of our commitment to a healthy and safe workplace and community, The Salvation Army (TSA) has a vaccination requirement for all employees in Canada. The successful candidate will be made an offer of employment on the condition of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will be required to provide proof of full vaccination, prior to their employment start date. The requirement to be fully vaccinated is subject to provincial/territorial human rights legislation. If the candidate is unable to vaccinate for a reason protected by the Human Rights Code, a request for accommodation can be submitted and written proof satisfactory to TSA will be required.
In the email subject line please identify the location and position being applied for.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salvation Army Thrift Store - National Recycling Operations (NRO) supports the mission of the Salvation Army by generating funds and influencing positively the communities in which it operates. As part of one of Canada’s largest national charitable organizations, we adhere to the core values of Hope, Service, Dignity and Stewardship. By working with us, you help support The Salvation Army’s programs, services and emergency relief efforts by recycling and selling donated goods.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!