Location: Our head office is located in Ottawa, Ontario, however we welcome remote work outside Ottawa or a blend of onsite/work from home if the candidate is from the Ottawa area. Note that all staff are currently working from home and no travel is permitted. We are continually reassessing during the pandemic.
The HR Business Partner will assist in all areas of human resources, from talent acquisition, to employee relations, project management, and how these areas relate to company culture. The HR Business Partner will assist in driving the HR and corporate strategies. The HR Business Partner will foster a collaborative culture by identifying gaps and organizational needs and by supporting management in identifying professional development for their staff. The HR Business Partner will be well-versed in all aspects of human resources to provide guidance and ensure that human resources programs are designed and delivered in a manner that is consistent with HEC values and culture.
Your core responsibilities would include:
- Leading the development of strategies, implementation plans, and programs to identify top talent within and outside HEC.
- Managing the internal and external recruitment effort. This includes creating recruitment plans, posting job openings, screening applications, developing interview questions, scheduling interviews and pre-employment tests; participating in interviews, conducting reference checks, performing salary negotiations, and creating employment offers.
- Managing the internal employee orientation and onboarding process.
- Working closely with staff regarding HR practices, issues, and concerns. Collaborating/sharing information with colleagues from across HEC in human resources practices and processes.
- Administering and maintaining HEC’s total rewards program (group insurance benefits and retirement benefits).
- Developing programs to increase HEC’s equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts.
- Processing documentation for payroll.
- Assisting with the administration of corporate training and employee development plans.
Education and experience you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or equivalent post-secondary education in a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) years human resources experience required, preferably in a healthcare or not-for-profit (NFP) organization.
- Advanced computer software skills in Microsoft office suite in a virtual environment required.
And even better if…
- You have a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) or Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation.
- You are bilingual in English and French (English communications at Advanced “C” level; French communications at Intermediate “B” level).
- You have advanced proficiency in HRIS software (i.e., BambooHR).
You will be a great fit for this role if you have:
- Outstanding customer service, high expectations for quality and high degree of professionalism.
- Highly developed interpersonal and oral communication skills including experience developing and maintain strategic partnerships.
- Highly developed coaching and advising skills with both employees and managers.
- Excellent project management skills including the ability to plan and carry out broad assignments, often involving collaborative efforts, ensuring timely completion.
- Excellent written communication skills to facilitate policy and program development and achieve program success.
- Ability to multitask, switch gears at the drop of a hat, handle several situations and people at the same time with tact and diplomacy.
- Complex problem-solving skills, ability to develop unique solutions, and comprehension of highly complex material.
- Highly self-motivated with desire to contribute to the success of a healthcare improvement organization.
Healthcare Excellence Canada (HEC) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of Employment Equity. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.