Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Are you looking for an inviting and exciting career opportunity? Do you have a passion for creating compelling and impactful communications content across a variety of mediums? If the answer is “Yes”, this is the job for you!
Catholic Social Services is currently recruiting for a permanent, full-time, 40 hour per week Marketing and Communications Coordinator, located in Edmonton, Alberta.
Catholic Social Services and Catholic Charities (the “Agency”) comprise a not-for-profit Agency with over 60 years of commitment to its mission, which states:
“As a Catholic social services Agency, we are guided by faith to care for and bring hope to people in need with humility, compassion and respect.”
The Agency identifies and responds to community needs by serving individuals through a variety of social services and programs. The Agency operates with a combination of public and private funding, and has an annual operating budget of about $100 million. The Agency has about 1700 staff and owns and operates over 100 homes and buildings through which it provides care and supports to its clients.
Reporting to the Manager of Communications and Events, this dynamic individual will play a key role in bringing the Agency’s vision and mission to life.
This position will be responsible for developing and executing marketing and communications strategies, developing communications collateral, and managing the Agency’s online presence, through web and social media planning, development, and execution.
The Marketing and Communications Coordinator will work closely with the Manager of Communications and Events to implement Agency-wide strategies to build the Catholic Social Services brand and reputation.
This individual will implement a website and Intranet review and redesign, using their strategic planning and storytelling skills to build an online presence for the Agency which reflects its mission and strategic direction, with a strong focus on the social services the Agency provides in the communities in which it works.
Managing CSS’ Online Presence
- Develop and implement an Agency-wide social media strategy, which will increase visibility and traffic across the Agency’s pages.
- Develop content for, and manage, multiple social media platforms, including reporting on social media data, metrics, insights and best practices.
- Develop and deliver an editorial calendar and content that is in alignment with the Catholic Social Services’ brand, highlights the work of the service areas, builds meaningful connections, and encourages community members to take action.
- Support teams and leaders as they develop their social media skills, providing social media training, when needed.
- Monitor, listen, and respond to users on all social media platforms while maintaining brand voice and authenticity. Measure and analyze results and data.
- Stay abreast of relevant articles, blog posts, and media that contribute to the Agency’s service delivery to make comments and provide notes for future social media/blog posts.
- Work closely with the CSS’ Service Areas and Development and Community Relations team to create engaging video content which supports the Agency’s strategic objectives and elevates the CSS brand.
- Act as the Agency photographer, creating compelling imagery of clients, staff, and events, which can be used in publications and online.
- Coordinating promotions and advertising for special events, third party events, and fundraising events.
- Update, write, and develop new content for the Agency’s website.
- Work closely with Manager of Communications and Events on a website audit, and the development of a plan for website mapping, content development, and redesign.
Marketing, Media & other Promotions
- Develop specific strategies for outreach and promotions, media, and social media for the Agency’s programs and services areas.
- Support the writing, editing, and production of all Agency promotional materials and publications, including brochures, newsletters, and annual reports.
- Writing and distributing media advisories and releases, coordinating media conferences, and building and maintaining relationships with media in Alberta
- Support the Manager of Communications and Events in the delivery of internal communications strategies.
- Provide support for Portal, the Agency’s Intranet, working with IT and service area leads to create and post content.
- Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, graphic design, journalism, English literature. A related diploma and additional relevant professional experience may be considered.
- A minimum of five years demonstrated experience in a marketing and communications role
- Experience planning and managing an Agency or business’ online presence, and creating social media content in a professional setting is required
- Photography, and videography experience is required
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Ability to generate and produce compelling social media and storytelling content
- Expertise managing day-to-day demands of social media platforms including: third party applications, metrics and analytics and content development
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating strategic communications and marketing plans across a variety of media
- Self-starter with the ability to work individually and in an integrated team environment.
- Demonstrated experience with social media tools including Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Mail Chimp, Eventbrite, etc.
- Experience working with content management systems
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Comfortable in both a PC and Mac environment
- Video editing experience and knowledge, using the medium to tell compelling stories
- Knowledgeable about and comfortable using a DSLR camera
- Ability to analyze information, and recommend courses of action to be taken
- Thorough knowledge of the principles of effective communications and mass media, publicity, advertising, policies, and community relations
- Demonstrated proficiency in Internet marketing techniques, technologies, and solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong morals and ethics, along with commitment to privacy
Please apply online at www.cssalberta.ca/careers to competition number 2560
Closing date for Applications: January 19, 2022
COVID-19 Notice: Catholic Social Services has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Disclosure Policy effective October 6, 2021. Employees must disclose their vaccination status and, if they have received COVID-19 vaccination(s), provide proof of vaccination. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires. If your application is successful and you have been vaccinated, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination no later than your start date.
A Police Information Check is a condition of employment and the financial responsibility of the candidate.
We offer flexibility, a comprehensive benefits package and a supportive working environment.
We embrace diversity and offer equal opportunities to all qualified applicants regardless of origin, culture, ethnicity, age, ability, gender identity and people of faith or no faith.
We thank all applicants. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.