Job Posting: Communications Coordinator
- Post-Secondary education in the areas of Public Relations, Media Relations, Marketing or Communications
- Minimum 2 years’ direct experience in Marketing and Communications
- Demonstrated knowledge of Hamilton’s community/ies and key stakeholders in the IWC’s work
- Advanced writing, graphic design and multimedia production skills
- Demonstrated skills in writing for a variety of audiences and media including web, social media, storytelling/journalistic purposes
- Proven success in social media management with specialization in Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube
- Experience working with analytics to plan for and monitor social media and web presence and impact
- Direct experience with media relations and communications/marketing plan development
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, identify and respond to communication needs in a timely and effective manner
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice and equity, and working towards the elimination of barriers to social, economic and civic participation for newcomers
Required Skills: Writing and Editing, DSLR Photography, Graphic Design, Video Editing, WordPress, Social Media
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all activities aimed at meeting the following Marketing and Communications goals:
- Increasing awareness of the Centre and its services among newcomers to Canada, local employers and the general public.
- Promoting IWC programs and services to target clients, outreach to engage newcomers who have not yet accessed IWC’s services.
- Enhancing the Centre’s awareness-raising efforts on issues important to newcomers.
- Encouraging Hamilton and area residents to do more to connect with, engage and support newcomers to Canada.
- Communicating positive images of newcomers in Hamilton to the general public
- Promoting effective internal communication across and between IWC staff and programs
- Content Production: Through writing, photography, and video create engaging and inspiring content that promotes a positive image of newcomers in Hamilton and provides relevant information on key topics for newcomers to Canada living in or relocating to Hamilton.
- Social Media: Manage Social Media channels including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube to ensure organizational awareness in the wider Hamilton community. Promote programs and services to potential clients, clients, and community referral agencies.
- Media Relations: Coordinate media relations, identifying key opportunities to engage the media and build relationships with key media representatives in order to increase coverage of the Centre’s activities and successes.
- Community Engagement: Identify opportunities to increase the Centre’s public relations through displays at local events; manage related administrative details and represent the Centre at such events as required.