Position Title: Manager of Residential Property Services – Non Profit Housing (Manager of Resident Services)
Department: Property Services
Reports to: Director of Supportive Services Salary Range: 4
Pacifica Housing has been providing safe and affordable homes for almost 35 years. We are a rapidly growing organization dedicated to meeting the housing and support needs of our community. As such, we are committed to building our fast-growing team with a culture that supports our people and reinforces our core values of authenticity, leadership, respect, and social justice.
Pacifica is proud to be a Certified Living Wage Employer by The Living Wage for Families Campaign.
What we Offer:
- A mission driven meaningful working environment.
- Minimum three (3) Weeks Vacation Entitlements.
- Excellent Benefits Package for full-time employees (includes extended health & dental, life insurance, among others).
- Employer RRSP Contributions.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Wellness Time
- Career development and internal advancement opportunities.
- Organization and individual training opportunities.
- Social Committee.
Qualifications (minimum Education and Experience requirements):
Note: An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- At least 3 years in progressively more responsible roles in rental property management
- Demonstrated experience and success supervising and leading a team
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, community partners and clients
- Excellent interpersonal awareness and ability to work as a positive member of a team
- Excellent communication, presentation, and dispute resolution skills
- Considerable contract management experience
- Experience in social housing management or related field is an asset but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of the Residential Tenancy Act and Regulations
- Strong knowledge of BC Housing Regulations/Policy
- Strong knowledge of Tenant and Landlord Rights
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in MS Office programs including Word, Outlook and Excel
- Knowledge of Yardi Property Management software an asset
This position reports to the Director of Supportive Services and is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of resident services delivered through Pacifica’s housing portfolio. The Manager of Resident Services is primarily accountable for supporting the Director of Supportive Services in ensuring the prudent management of the organization’s housing portfolio.
Participate as a key member of the Property Services team by being an active leader of the Resident Services team and responsible for contributing towards the achievement of departmental goals, including:
- overseeing the delivery of services including property management, rent-geared-to-income calculations, and annual reviews
- developing and managing service delivery and working with internal and external partners to ensure high quality services to clients for Pacifica Housing
- collaborating with the Managers of Support Services and their staff to resolve/manage property management issues
- responsible for the implementation of program related policies and procedures
- ensure staff deliver services in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act;
- provide leadership and supervision to the Resident Services team and Reception to create an engaged, productive and positive work environment
- oversight of resident requirements including leasing, rent increase administration, rent arrears collection, wrap around assistance and evictions through the Housing Crisis Intervention Program to minimize evictions;
- obtain and maintain a working knowledge of BC Housing Services regulations, practices, policies, standards, agreements and trends for resident's residing in Pacifica Housing units;
- directly manage the Residential Tenancy Act (RTA) administration of tenant and landlord rights and responsibilities
- ensure effective and timely suite turnovers occur in coordination with the maintenance team
Additional Criteria for Role:
- Completion of a Criminal Record Check with the Vulnerable Sector is required before employment commences.
- Must have valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle with a minimum of $2 million liability ‘business class’ insurance.
- Must be available for crisis management and emergency situations as required.
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19.
Pacifica Housing advises all employees, contractors and volunteers of the risk of violence, injury and harm that is present in the execution of their duties. Pacifica Housing is committed to providing a safe and risk-free work place, however, we acknowledge the inherent risk in social housing and direct support work while in homes and in other support relationships.
Pacifica celebrates diversity and what makes you uniquely you. We welcome the unique contributions that you can bring in terms of your culture, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, and diversability.