Employment Service Centre - Midtown - Vancouver
Regular Full-Time (35 hours/week)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
Pacific Community Resources Society is seeking an experienced Job Developer to leverage personal and professional business contacts and actively generate a network of employers to address local labour market needs. The Job Developer will work closely with other staff in the centre to understand the needs of the participants, will seek out employers and promote inclusive hiring practices. It is imperative that the Job Developer demonstrates the ability to support a diverse population and takes initiative to ensure a safe and inclusive environment for participants and staff.
Marketing the services offered to employers through the WorkBC program, the Job Developer will participate in local business associations and chambers and seek out other avenues to meet new employers. The Job Developer will create opportunities for employers to utilize the centre for meet and greets, job fairs and other hiring events. The Job Developer will be knowledgeable about the local labour market and help to disseminate that information to the staff and participants of the centre.
This position may require occasional weeknight work.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
• Certification / Degree and experience related to job development, in employment services or relevant field.
• Job placement and or recruiting experience.
• Professional level of communication, interpersonal and technological skills while working with diverse populations with varying needs.
• Ability to work independently and plan tasks for productivity and efficiency.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
• Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector
• Strong marketing and promotional techniques.
• Knowledge of the local labour market and trends.
• MS Office and overall computer proficiency including data administration utilizing complex data bases.
• Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid 19
• Driver’s license with a clean driver’s abstract and business insurance.
• Coaching and mentoring participants with complex needs.
• De-Escalation/Non-Violent Intervention training.
• Occupational First Aid – Level 1
Manager of Employment Services
Salary Range: $25.71/hour – $28.43/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: January 21, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Apply at: https://pcrs-external.scouterecruit.net/jobs/PCRS287
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at . Personal information will be kept confidential."
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!