Broadway Youth Resource Centre - Vancouver
Regular Full-Time (35 hours/week)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
PCRS requires a Peer Worker who will primarily work evening and weekend hours to support staff and participants at the Broadway Youth Resource Centre. The Peer Worker will have lived experience and support the Resource Room Floor staff to make the Drop-In a safe and welcoming space for all youth. This site is located in Vancouver, a multi-service, multi-agency program serving youth ages 12-24.
• Assist staff in facilitating a welcoming and inclusive site within the Drop-In and setting the "tone" of the Drop-In that is safe, positive, and inclusive for youth
• Support youth, partners and visitors to connect with staff
• Assist staff in maintaining health and safety of resources, including cleaning and sanitizing regularly
• Answer phones and support the resource room reception desk as required
Academic and Job Experience Required:
• A combination of education, life experience and related work experience or volunteer experience with at-risk youth under the age of 24
• Grade 12 graduation, and two years post-secondary education, or a certificate or diploma in social services
• Criminal record check including the vulnerable sector
• Experience with organization and multi-tasking
• Strong verbal and written communication
• Basic computer skills, including MSWord, Excel, Outlook
• Experience working with diverse groups of people, including youth
• Other languages an asset
• Familiarity with resources for youth
• Ability to co-facilitate relevant workshops
• Ability to have a flexible schedule to work evenings Monday to Friday and occasional weekends
• Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid 19
• Strong understanding of anti-oppression, trauma-informed, and decolonizing practices
• Facilitation training
• Crisis Intervention and/or De-escalation training
• Additional training in substance use treatment/support recovery
• Manager, Broadway Youth Resource Centre
Salary Range: $21.01/hour – $23.20/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: January 21,2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Apply at: https://pcrs-external.scouterecruit.net/jobs/PCRS288
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at . Personal information will be kept confidential."
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!