Start Date: Mid to late January
Hours: 37.5 hours/week (full-time, permanent)
Application Deadline: We will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews on a rolling basis; candidates are encouraged to apply early. Applications will be accepted up until January 21, 2022. Please note, we will only be contacting candidates invited for an interview.
Ottawa Riverkeeper is a great place to work!
Ottawa Riverkeeper is a champion and collective voice for the Ottawa River watershed, providing leadership and inspiration to protect, promote and improve its ecological health and future.
- We offer a generous benefits package, including: health and dental benefits, 3 weeks paid vacation time and a GRSP matching program.
- We have an amazing work culture with smart, engaged colleagues who want to learn and improve while having fun.
- We work remotely with colleagues and volunteers across the watershed and have a strong culture of collaboration.
- We value flexibility and work life balance for our team members and offer flexible work hours.
- We offer time and funding to support education and training.
- We provide you the chance to lead change and have an impact on our Watershed’s health.
Ottawa Riverkeeper is seeking a highly organized Administrative Assistant with strong problem solving skills to join our team! It’s a dynamic role with some routines but also a lot of opportunities to improvise and create. Your time will be split between managing the office and assisting with our operations, finance, compliance practices and acting as the direct assistant to the Riverkeeper and CEO. You will also need to be a high performer under tight deadlines.Typically, you will work at our Ottawa office during regular business hours. The schedule can vary, and you will work the odd evening or weekend when called upon.
- Contribute to a collaborative and positive work environment by attending all-staff meetings, participating in Ottawa Riverkeeper events, representing Ottawa Riverkeeper at external events and conferences when applicable and assisting with other duties as assigned.
- Provide administrative support to the senior management, including booking travel, accommodations and meetings;
- Provide a professional welcome, in person and online;
- Track and implement changes to staff HR parameters such as salary, benefits, leave, employment records, distribution of T4s, etc.;
- Coordinate onboarding of new hires, ensuring they receive great training from their colleagues and online resources;
Office administrator par excellence:
- Manage the calendar and travel arrangements for the Executive;
- Format and/or draft documents, agendas, and correspondence on behalf of senior management;
- Organizing catering for events, meetings and lunches;
- Answering and directing general phone and email inquiries;
- Mailing and couriering of mail, packages and merchandise as well as retrieving all incoming mail and packages;
- Maintaining and tracking the Ottawa Riverkeeper merchandise inventory;
- Running office errands, e.g. office supplies, catering, banking support;
- Adding and maintaining contacts in Ottawa Riverkeeper’s Salesforce database;
- Note taking at staff meetings;
- Providing administrative and logistical support to Ottawa Riverkeeper events;
- Managing inventory of office supplies;
- Maintaining meeting rooms (full meeting set up and clean up) and common areas;
- Maintaining office support documentation;
- Support certain projects, initiatives and events in collaboration with other members of the Ottawa Riverkeeper Team;
- Liaise with external service providers (e.g. IT contractors, catering) and ensure quality service;
- Assist management with budgeting and financial reporting;
- Coordinate payables and receivables on a daily basis;
- Liaise with our bookkeepers and monitor their work;
- Collating credit card receipts and preparing expense claims;
- Develop protocols, processes and systems to increase organisational effectiveness;
- Other tasks and duties as needed by the senior management;
What you Bring
- A passion for our watershed and unlimited drive to protect it!;
- You’re social and you enjoy working in teams and liaising with the public;
- Service oriented, flexible and adaptable;
- 3 years of experience in a similar position considered a strong asset;
- Bilingualism in English and French (oral and written) considered a very strong asset
- Advanced skills related to Google applications (e.g. Gmail, Calendar, Team Drive, Admin functions);
- Intermediate skill level in some or all of the following programs: Salesforce, Quickbooks, HRIS and/or collaboration software considered an asset;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize tasks and work effectively under numerous deadlines;
- Driver’s license and access to a vehicle considered an asset
Open to Canadian citizens, Permanent Residents and persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada. Ottawa Riverkeeper is committed to enhancing diversity, equity and inclusion in its staff and programs.