Under the direction of the Miywasin Counseling Department manager, the Family Liaison / COVID19 Support Worker will provide supports to families and clients in need.
Role is 0.5 administrative -
- Paperwork, filing, telephone calls and emails to clients
- Working knowledge of Mac computer, Windows software, Zoom, email required
- Strong attention to detail required
- Strong writing skills an asset for quarterly report writing
Role is 0.5 fieldwork -
- Deliveries to clients; cultural sensitivity, ability to interact with clients using a trauma-informed lens is essential
- Clear driving abstract required
- Clear criminal records check, vulnerable populations check required
- Knowledge of MH neighborhoods an asset, ability to navigate using GPS is essential
- Knowledge of local, provincial support resources an asset
- Strict time management skills, ability to work independently required
Soft skills that will assist candidate to be most successful in this role:
- Excellent memory for names, family trees, details of clients' lives/case files
- Strict time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Working knowledge of Indigenous cultures
- Professional manner in in-person and written email interactions
Advantages to joining the Miywasin team:
- Frequent opportunities for valuable professional development
- Participation in cultural events
- Supportive, encouraging leadership team
- Benefits package, competitive salary
- Opportunity to work from home P/T
- Delivery vehicle provided
Our ideal person will have:
- Diploma/Degree in Human Services Field or combination of employment and experience.
- Must have Standard First Aid – Level C CPR and ASIST training or willing to obtain.
- Must have Class 5 Driver’s License, Clean Drivers Abstract and reliable vehicle.
- Before employment can commence: successful candidate must provide clean drivers abstract, CYIM check, and clean criminal record check including vulnerable persons.
Term: Full-time (renewable contract)
Salary: $4000.00/month + benefits (after 3 months)
Hours: 40 hours/week, flexible schedule required with availability to work evenings and weekends.