South Surrey-White Rock WorkBC Centre location
Why you should apply with us:
At MOSAIC, we take pride in having a supportive, diverse, and inclusive workplace where employees can trust that their ideas and contributions are valued. We have been recognized in the 2019 List of Best Workplaces™ in Canada (100-999 employees) and the 2020 list of Best Workplaces Managed by Women by the Great Place to Work® Institute. With 45 years of experience, we are one of the largest settlement organizations in Canada engaging 350 staff and more than 600 volunteers. Our employees benefit from incorporating many diverse perspectives, taking part in training and career growth opportunities. Come join a vibrant organization and make a difference in someone’s life today!
Join our team!
MOSAIC is seeking a client-centered and results-oriented individual with excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, who is motivated to succeed in the role of Coordinator! This position will work out of the South Surrey-White Rock WorkBC centre location.
Employment, Language, & Social Enterprise Services
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As the Coordinator, you will assist the Manager with the development and delivery of overall operations and outcomes of the WorkBC Programs with an emphasis on quality assurance, and supervision of staff. The Coordinator works with internal, community, agency, and funding partners to deliver employment services to clients and help in the achievement of contractual outcomes.
· Assist the manager with the development and implementation of programs or services and overall operation of WorkBC contracts
· Coordinate and implement deliverables stipulated in contracts; inform manager of achievement of contractual outcomes for the program or service; prepare regular reports for the manager on the achievement of quality standards
· Remain current with CARF standards relevant to the program
· Ensure development and maintenance of systems, procedures, and standards for the program, review documentation of services
· Understand and participate in the evaluation of the program; may develop and implement evaluation of program components; provide recommendations for revisions to the program model
· With the manager, hire, train, and evaluate program staff, particularly in relation to the overall quality of the program
· Ensure subcontracted staff receive the support they need to perform effectively
· Ensure staff understand and follow policies, procedures, and maintain the standards in service delivery
· With the manager, prepare or supervise staff in preparation and monitoring of budgets, cash flows, variances, financial statements and reports, and expense records
· Provide coverage and support to clients as needed
• A post-secondary degree, certificate, or diploma in a relevant field (human resources management, career development, counselling, social work, psychology, adult education), or completion of course work in related fields, or two or more years of demonstrated experience in:
o Community development and employment programs
o Implementing policies and procedures within the WorkBC employment services context
o Working with immigrant populations and people from diverse backgrounds
o Building partnerships with employers, community agencies and other stakeholders
o Experience doing job development
o Providing employment counselling services
· Current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check required
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Previous working experience in WorkBC employment programs
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, database software including Integrated Case Management (ICM) system, and the ability to operate standard office equipment
• Understanding of financial processes within the WorkBC model
• Experience overseeing a team of employment counsellors
• Experience auditing case management files in accordance with WorkBC policies
• Leadership skills and ability to take initiative
• Presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Excellent problem solving, collaboration and organizational skills
• Tactful, discreet, diplomatic, patient, flexible and possesses cultural sensitivity and excellent judgment in decision-making
• Career Development Practitioner certified will be considered an asset
This is a full-time position
Annual salary commensurate with the level of experience and qualifications
We offer a competitive benefits package with contracts of at least one year in length, offering a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply via email. In the subject line of your email, please type:
“Your Name – Coordinator, WorkBC Programs, South Surrey-White Rock”
Please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF/Word format.
Address your cover letter to:
Hiring Team – Employment Programs
5575 Boundary Road
Vancouver, BC V5R 2P9
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted. Before applying, you must legally be permitted to work in Canada through citizenship or permanent resident status. If you have a work permit, please ensure that it allows you to work for the duration of the position.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
Ongoing until filled
January 10, 2022
MOSAIC is committed to promoting equal employment opportunities for all members of the community
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!