POSITION: Health Navigator (Term contract, ending March 31, 2023)
DEPARTMENT: Family and Settlement Department
Under the supervision of the Coordinator of the Immunization Uptake Project (IUP) for Ethno-Cultural Communities, the Health Navigator assists with the overall delivery of project with an emphasis on direct client service, the relevant quality assurance as well as collaboration with community stakeholders. The IUP is intended to reach out to the marginalized ethno-cultural communities, assess the needs related to immunization, deliver information sessions to the communities as well as service providers. The goal of the Immunization Uptake Project is to increase vaccine confidence and increase access to vaccination in underserved immigrant, refugee, and ethno-cultural Metro Vancouver communities.
The Health Navigator will work closely with the Project Coordinator and the program Manager and collaborate with MOSAIC programs and community stakeholders.
• Experience in group facilitation and front-line service delivery for ethnocultural communities, and/or immigrant populations
• Experience in data collection, analysis and report writing
• Knowledge about the health and social service needs of ethnocultural communities
• Degree in Public Health, Social Work, or a related field are preferred and/or a combination of related training and experience can potentially take the place of education
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Excellent organizational, time management, and decision-making skills
• A working knowledge of standard office equipment and software applications
• Cultural sensitivity and a commitment to advancing an inclusive and thriving Canada
• Tactful, discrete, diplomatic, patient, and flexible
• Ability to speak, read and write in fluent English. Additional languages may be an asset
HOURS: 21 hrs per week
STARTING PAY: $25.43- $28.57 per hour, based on qualifications and experience.
A competitive benefits package is provided with contracts of at least 1 year in length which offer a minimum of 17.5 hours of work per week.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!