Job Position: Administrative Assistant
Job Position: Administrative Assistant
Status: FT, 40 hours/ week.
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Reporting to: Executive Director
Location: 601-Sixth Street, New Westminster
We are looking for a reliable, self-motivated and energetic Administrative Assistant to undertake a variety of administrative tasks, ensuring smooth running of our organization’s physical and remote workspaces and that the BCCPC team has adequate administrative support to work efficiently.
BC Centre for Palliative Care
The BC Centre for Palliative Care is a non-profit providing leadership for best practice, research and education in Palliative Care, Advance Care Planning and building Compassionate Communities.
The Centre is committed to enabling excellence in care for all British Columbians living with serious illness. As a provincial organization, we collaborate with members of the public, policy makers, regional health authorities, professional bodies and community organizations from across BC to:
- Improve access to Advance Care Planningand palliative care supports for patients and families
- Increase access to quality education, practice support, and resources for healthcare providers to integrate a palliative approach to care
- Engage citizens and mobilize partnerships across BC to create Compassionate Communitiesthat provide practical support, compassion and care to patients and their families.
Established in 2014, the Centre’s focus is to convene and establish provincial networks and community partnerships by drawing together patients, families, care givers, clinicians, health administrators, researchers and community organizations. The Centre serves as a catalyst to stimulate conversations and support efforts that foster excellence in compassionate care.
For more information, visit http://www.bc-cpc.ca/cpc
The BC Centre for Palliative Care is seeking expressions of interest from candidates for a position as an Administrative Assistant.
The duties of this position include:
- Receive visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing and announcing them appropriately.
- Receive incoming phone calls in a professional and enthusiastic manner.
- Execute all office opening/closing procedures and operations.
- Maintain and stock kitchen and common areas.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to organization policies.
- Work closely with and support the executive assistant and other administrative staff and divide responsibilities to ensure smooth and efficient operations.
- Receive, sort and organize all communication (e-mail, letters, packages etc.).
- Manage meeting schedules, agendas and Minutes for the staff.
- Schedule and support Zoom and Team meetings for staff as requested.
- Facilitate arrangements for events and workshops.
- Coordinate conference registration and travel arrangements for staff.
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks to support the staff.
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents.
- Perform basic updates to website content in WordPress.
- Maintain an up-to-date tracking sheets for office equipment, contact list, stock photos, shared resources, etc.
- Liaises with the office building manager and vendors.
- Format and circulate documents including reports and letters as assigned.
- Other administrative services as requested.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years’ progressive administrative experience preferably with health care organizations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, SharePoint is required
- Familiarity with Expensify, DocuSign, Adobe Pro, Mail Chimp, WordPress.
- Proficient at scheduling, monitoring, moderating and troubleshooting Zoom and Teams.
- Understanding of strong organizational, problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrated flexibility to meet and adapt to changes in organizational priorities.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, friendly and personable with a self-starter attitude.
To reflect the diversity of the community we serve, we encourage applications from members of visible minority groups, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, LGBQ+ persons, Trans, Two-Spirit and Gender Non-Conforming persons, and those with the skills and knowledge to engage productively with diverse communities.
*Please note only short-listed applicants will be contacted*