The ELT Pathways to Trades program combines sector-specific language instruction (Canadian Language Benchmark Levels 2-5) with digital literacy training and job search support. The job developer will assist participants in finding employment in their fields of expertise.
This is a non - union contract position scheduled to work 17.50 hours per week
Hours of work are: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm and Saturday 8:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Assists participants in securing employment in the construction and maintenance sector relevant to their past experience.
- Solicits placement opportunities in the sector relevant to clients’ experience.
- Inquires employers about safety precautionary measures and conducts worksite inspections prior to placing clients.
- Prepares and confirms placement contracts with employers.
- Organizes and conducts pre-employment workshops blended delivery in class, via Zoom and other online tools.
- Facilitates employment skills development through Online Training Modules on Moodle.
- Identifies clients’ job readiness and employment training needs.
- Assists participants in developing individualized and self-directed job search work plans and career portfolios.
- Reviews, critiques and provides feedback on participants’ résumé development and finalization.
- Provides one-on-one counselling and support to program participants via telephone, email, virtual meeting tools and/or in person.
- Assists participants in identifying and networking with field professionals.
- Prepares clients for online and in-person job/work placement interviews, provides feedback and coaching.
- Monitors participants’ progress in their field placements and employers’ satisfaction.
- Solicits feedback from participants and employers for program evaluation.
- Prepares and maintains narrative and statistical reports and other documentation as required.
- Inputs clients’ information into database system for services provided and maintains case notes of clients’ coaching sessions and records of employer contacts.
- Conducts follow-ups with participants upon completion of program field placements.
- Career and Work Diploma or equivalent with relevant practicum experience.
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience facilitating employment workshops and counselling.
- Must have nine (9) months of experience working with employers and placing clients.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with Foreign-Trained/Experienced Skilled Workers.
- Strong knowledge and experience using virtual meeting tools such as Zoom and MS Teams.
- Experience in facilitating online training through Learning Management System (LMS) such as Moodle.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Internet, and email is essential.
- Knowledge of wage subsidies and/other Employment Support Programs offered through Employment Ontario.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with exceptional multitasking skills.
- Knowledge of access to professions for newcomers and their pre-employment needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Car is required for travelling throughout the GTA
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
LOCATION: 601-7700 Hurontario St, Brampton ON L6Y 4M3
DURATION: January 31, 2022 to March 26, 2022
SALARY RANGE: $26.00 - $27.98 per hour
POSTING DATE: January 14, 2022
CLOSING DATE: January 27, 2022