The mission of Auberge Shalom pour femmes is to provide a safe shelter, counselling, and advocacy support for the full diversity of women and children affected by conjugal violence, as well as to break the cycle of conjugal violence through education, prevention and advocacy.
Auberge Shalom pour femmes has a special mandate to serve women from the Jewish community. The organization operates from two separate sites. One site runs a 12-bed shelter and the other site is an external counselling office that also offers a Supporting Resilience Program for mothers & children. Both sites offer a range of services to address the needs of women and children affected by conjugal violence.
DESCRIPTION OF TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Shelter work: To provide frontline services to Shelter clients which include telephone intake and support services, crisis intervention, psychosocial assessments, supportive counselling and support groups, resources, advocacy work and collaboration with other social services and professionals.
● Outreach and Education: To participate in community projects, external committees represent the center at events and conferences, participate in research or lobbying initiatives that relate to the ASPF’s clientele.
● Organizational Life: To participate in team meetings, work planning, committees, annual events, and collaborate with volunteers.
● Bachelor of Social Work or Masters in Social Work or related experience
● Experience in working with conjugal violence
● Experience in crisis intervention
● Knowledge and experience working in a strengths based and a trauma-informed approach
● Strong case management skills and experience
● Flexibility and ability to remain calm and efficient under pressure
● Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
● Ability to work collaboratively within a team
● Motivation, empathy, flexibility, organization
● Fluently bilingual in English and French
● Experience working with children
● Ability to communicate in a third language
● Educational background in women’s studies or related field
● Cultural competencies and knowledge of Jewish community and customs
● Start date: As soon as possible
● Starting salary: $27.20 / hr
● Benefits: Employees are eligible for a full benefits package including a pension plan and group insurance after 3 months of employment
● Schedule: 3-5 days per week to be determined in discussion with candidate and employer
OUR UNIQUE CULTURE & WHAT WE OFFER
Auberge Shalom is a highly inclusive work environment that values the role each employee plays in supporting our critical mission to break the cycle of conjugal violence. We provide a supportive and learning-focused environment where we strive for each employee to reach their full potential. We recognize the importance of work-life balance, wellness, and a safe, inclusive and welcoming workplace that values strong work ethics, diversity and respect for all.
Please send a Cover Letter and current CV addressing how you meet the necessary qualifications
and outlining why you want to work for ASPF to . Please put “Shelter Counsellor” in the subject line of the email.
Auberge Shalom pour femmes is committed to creating a workplace as diverse as the communities we serve and thus strongly encourages people from our diverse communities and people who experience marginalization to self-identify in their cover letter.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!