Employment Service Centre - Midtown - Vancouver
Regular Full-Time (35 hours/week)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The Accountant is an integral member of the WorkBC team and works within the strategic objectives of Pacific Community Resources (PCRS) to ensure the provision, coordination and exceptional delivery of the WorkBC program. The primary role of the Accountant is to provide financial administration support to the Midtown WorkBC centre, which includes both WorkBC specific requirements as well as general accounting duties. Responsibilities include managing and administering accounting systems, reconciling financial supports, completing financial reporting, overseeing billings on the Integrated Case Management System, and accounts payable and receivable. The Accountant will also assist the Manager with coordinating the budgeting process and managing payroll reimbursement in coordination with all partner agencies. This position must know about the WorkBC contract and services available to ensure accurate financial documentation and data entry.
• Perform accounting tasks according to WorkBC policy and in-house PCRS practices utilizing Sage ERP 300 (Accpac).
• Assure timely collection of invoices due to PCRS Midtown by following up with funding agencies and partners.
• Provide oversight to and process invoices and cheque requisitions, ensuring authorization at appropriate levels.
• Responsible for the identification and recovery of overpayments according to policy. Receive and process all cash and cheques.
• Maintain and update participant records and prepare and process direct deposits for approved financial support for participants (living supports, transportation, etc.) weekly or as needed.
• Prepare journal entries, monthly financial statements, funding reports and regulatory reports; reconcile the working papers monthly.
• Assist payroll in the preparation of T4A's for participants annually.
• Assist the PCRS Controller and Midtown Manager in preparing and monitoring the annual budget.
• Assist with the financial activities of the WorkBC centre to ensure accountability and support in the delivery of programs. Work with staff regarding wage subsidies for participants and reimbursement of wages to employers.
• Utilize computer programs and databases, ensuring security, confidentiality and backup procedures. Programs include the Integrated Case Management and Contract and Financial Management systems.
• Maintain compliance with regulatory bodies (CICA, Revenue Canada, EI and I.A.).
• Adhere to PCRS and Ministry standards and practices in all accounting practices.
• Demonstrate professional conduct, in particular with sensitive and confidential information.
• Communicate effectively with coworkers and staff; actively engage, initiate and participate in team efforts within WorkBC centres and the Agency's finance team.
• Participate in staff meetings, committee meetings, staff training, and agency staff meetings.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
• Post-Secondary certificate, diploma or degree in accounting or relevant field
• Understanding the financial requirements of the WorkBC contract and demonstrated competency to perform required accounting tasks.
• M.S. Office and computer proficiency, including data administration utilizing complex databases; advanced Excel skills.
• Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector
• Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid 19
• Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, excellent math skills and strong communication and computer skills and administrative capability
• Demonstrated ability to comprehend and interpret the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction, CRA, and Employment Insurance and Income Assistance policies and eligibility requirements.
PCRS Finance Controller as well as Manager of WorkBC
Salary Range: $26.48/hour – $29.28hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: January28, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Apply at: https://pcrs-external.scouterecruit.net/jobs/PCRS290
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at . Personal information will be kept confidential."
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!