Employment Service Centre - Midtown - Vancouver
Regular Full-Time (35 hours/week)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The Employment Team Lead works collaboratively with the WorkBC team within the strategic objectives of PCRS to ensure the provision, coordination and exceptional delivery of the WorkBC program. The primary role is to provide leadership to staff, review service rationales, and promote best practices in achieving outcomes. The Employment Team Lead collaborates with the leadership team to ensure high-quality services and the fiscal viability of the centre. It is imperative that the Employment Team Lead demonstrates the ability to support a diverse population and takes the initiative to ensure a safe and inclusive environment for participants and staff.
• Working with the Management Team to provide day-to-day leadership, continuous feedback and direction to the team of Job Developers and Facilitators regarding performance, meeting program objectives and contractual obligations.
• Work with the team to process Client's and Employers Wage Subsidy Applications. The Team Lead will hold a small caseload of participants.
• Review and implement strategies to utilize Targeted referral feedback to increase participant flow.
• Review and approve wage subsidy claims utilizing Ministry-provided databases.
• Work in collaboration with leadership and staff, develop and implement strategies to achieve program outcomes
• Initiate regular individual supervision meetings and complete annual performance reviews of PCRS staff; participate as requested in performance reviews of other PCRS partner staff.
• Work collaboratively with the leadership team and Human Resources to manage staff concerns and performance issues.
• Offer ongoing technical and database support and program policy and interpretation.
• Recruit, hire, orient and train all staff to perform tasks accurately and in accordance with Ministry policy.
• Maintain an active role in ensuring a culture of teamwork, collaboration and inclusion in the agency.
• Support all centre initiatives such as hiring fairs, community engagement, and employer events as needed.
• Represent WorkBC, Midtown and PCRS professionally while participating in community events, marketing and developing partnerships with community members.
• Participate in committees and working groups when appropriate
Academic and Job Experience Required:
• Certificate in Career Development/ Degree in Social Services / or related field plus supervision experience in employment services.
• Thorough knowledge of WorkBC employment services, including knowledge of the Ministry databases.
• Strong leadership and program management skills.
• Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector
• Certification in and demonstrated knowledge of the Employment Services sector in B.C.
• De-Escalation/Non-Violent Intervention training
• Familiar with the virtual delivery services; confident in Teams, Zoom etc.
• A collaborative approach to problem-solving and change management
• M.S. Office and overall computer proficiency, including data administration utilizing complex databases.
• Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid 19
• Sound understanding of assessment, counselling, case management, job development and team leadership
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing priorities
• Professional level of communication, interpersonal and technological skills
• Ability to work independently and plan tasks for productivity and efficiency.
• Recruiting background is an asset
Manager of Employment Services
Salary Range: $29.78/hour – $32.98/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: January28, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Apply at: https://pcrs-external.scouterecruit.net/jobs/PCRS291
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at . Personal information will be kept confidential."
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!