REACH Program for Youth – Surrey
Regular Full Time (35 hours/week)
PCRS is a long-standing, award-winning not-for-profit that serves the most vulnerable people in the Province of B.C. We believe that helping the most marginalized individuals and families will raise the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Our vision is to see everyone thriving in strong, healthy communities, and our mission is to inspire healthy and inclusive communities through leadership and collaboration. We value advocacy, diversity and inclusion, empowerment, service excellence, stewardship, and well-being. We have been recognized for placing a high value on work-life balance. Our Employee Family Assistance Program has a full preventative health program including nutrition awareness, stress reduction, and tools to assist our staff with maintaining a work-life balance. We take care of our people who take care of the people we serve.
The Employment Specialist works within the strategic objectives of the Pacific Community Resources Society (PCRS) to ensure the provision, coordination and exceptional delivery of the REACH Program for Youth. The primary role is to coordinate and facilitate employment readiness and life skills workshops with the goal to help the participants understand and identify their own needs, values and barriers to transition to employment successfully. This position requires a high level of knowledge in working with vulnerable newcomer youth. As a facilitator, a sound understanding of career development, solid working knowledge of psychological theories such as Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs, Motivational Interviewing, and experience supporting vulnerable youth.
The Employment Specialist will provide Canadian work cultural information, career assessments, outreach employment counselling and follow-up job coaching. They will design workshops to promote interactions with peers through self-esteem and wellness, conflict resolution, communications, resumes, cover letter writing, interview skills and general employability skills. The worker will also develop employment opportunities, work closely with local employers and take initiatives that promote inclusive hiring practices.
• Develop and facilitate employment and life skills training group workshops
• Provide job search support to participants via social media, phone, text, email and one to one meetings
• Support vulnerable newcomer youth with employment placement and ensure a safe and inclusive environment.
• Complete weekly participant reports as per contract using an appropriate database, keeping track of all outside appointments and follow-ups, track attendance and progress towards employment goals
• Provide referrals to other community support services as required
• Coach and support participants effectively in a way that facilitates independence and self-sufficiency
• Tailor and adjust the work experience to meet the individual needs of the participants
• Provide follow up support as required to participants
• Carry out administrative tasks as assigned
Academic and Job Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree in Social work, Child and Youth Care or relevant discipline plus two years direct experience OR diploma in Child and Youth Care plus a combination of experience and education is considered.
• Experience developing and facilitating dynamic programming for youth based on strengths and inclusivity.
• Demonstrated background developing rapport, supporting youth, assessing needs and developing action plans.
• Knowledge of employment systems, services and labour market
• High level of verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
• Excellent facilitation, communication and marketing skills.
• Criminal Record Check including the vulnerable sector
• Class 5 Drivers License with business insurance
• Use of own vehicle, with reimbursement
• Occupational First Aid – Level 1
• Excellent computer skills and administrative capabilities
• Proof of being fully Vaccinated for Covid 19
Carlos Sandoval, Team Lead; Youth Newcomer Programs
Salary Range: $25.71/hour – $28.43/hour, Plus benefit package (100% employer-paid)
Closing Date: January28, 2022 at 4:00 p.m.
Apply at: https://pcrs-external.scouterecruit.net/jobs/PCRS293
Offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant providing us with proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
"Pacific Community Resources Society is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from people of all gender identities and expressions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous peoples and visible minorities. Persons who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact our H.R. department at . Personal information will be kept confidential."
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!