Catholic Family Service (CFS) is all about building strong families. Our programs and services respond to the challenges that threaten families and leave them vulnerable. We focus on enhancing the mental health and well-being of our clients, empowering parents, nurturing children’s healthy development and enabling success in school. We take an integrated approach across our service portfolio, always looking for the opportunity to encourage discussion and healing at the family level. In so doing, we enable CFS professionals to help their clients build strong families, and to break through the cycle of vulnerability to live the lives they have always wanted. We serve and employ people from all faith traditions, cultures and backgrounds.
Title: Brief Intervention Caregiver Support (BICS) Clinician
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Are you passionate about strengthening Foster and Kinship Caregivers, to provide a safe, attachment-based environment for children in their care? Do you possess an understanding of trauma, grief, loss, attachment theory, and child/adolescent mental health? Catholic Family Service is seeking an experienced clinician for our Brief Intervention Caregiver Support (BICS) program. BICS Clinicians work with caregivers using the lens of neuroscience, child development, attachment, trauma and resiliency. We value working in a culturally responsive manner that respects and honors differences, as we support families from a wide range of ethno-cultural communities. The BICS program is a partnership with Children’s Services, with a team comprised of multiple organizations. This work takes place in the community and service delivery requires flexibility to conduct sessions in families’ homes, in office, and in virtual formats, including occasional evening work.
• A Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related discipline;
• Current registration with a professional governing body;
• Clinical experience working with complex family systems impacted by trauma (2+ years’ experience desired);
• Experience supporting caregivers of children with complex needs;
• Skills in case management, assessment and intervention, and report writing;
• Strong computer competencies;
• Ability to work independently as an ambassador of Catholic Family Service;
• Demonstrates a posture of cultural humility in working with diverse populations. Experience working with Indigenous and/or immigrant families is an asset;
• Use of a vehicle and ability to drive throughout Calgary;
• Flexibility to work some evenings;
• Completion of the Core Brain Story Certification through The Alberta Family Wellness Initiative is an asset;
Please note: applicants are encouraged to present with a current Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Review and a Child Intervention Record Check.
The safety of CFS employees and our clients is our top priority. All employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COIVD-19 as a condition of their employment.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!