Group Care/Residential Program
About Us: Closer to Home Community Services (CTH) is a Calgary and Airdrie based not-for-profit agency that delivers a variety of services designed to meet the unique needs of vulnerable children and their families. Be a part of an innovative team that envisions a future where every child will thrive within supportive family and community relationships by:
- Uncovering strength, hope and healing, and creating new possibilities for a brighter future for children and families.
- Providing a broad array of strength-based and family-centered services that strive to preserve, reunify and build stronger families who can care for their children and contribute meaningfully in their community.
About the Position:
- This Relief position, in Calgary or Airdrie, works closely with a team of professionals to support children and youth in a Community Group Home and Residential Program, including day/evening or Awake Overnight shifts.
- The Relief Staff’s primary responsibility is to facilitate success for children and youth by assisting with day to day activities and routines, maintaining a structured setting, fostering skill development, managing crisis, ensuring high levels of supervision to promote safety, and assisting with school.
- The Relief Staff is responsible for ensuring safety and providing for children and youth’s daily needs, while supporting the acquisition of relevant skills which will support them to live safely and thrive in the community.
- The Relief Staff will participate in supervision and meetings as needed, and implement pre-determined treatment strategies.
- The Relief Staff will identify availability and respond in a timely manner to requests to cover shifts, accepting a minimum of (3) shifts monthly to maintain their status.
- You are eager to learn and carry out the principles and philosophy of Closer to Home and the Teaching Family Model.
- You are responsible, diligent and dependable.
- You possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- You are extremely detail oriented and organized and can manage multiple priorities at one time.
- You are a compassionate individual with a positive, strength-based and empathetic approach.
- You are an exceptional role model.
- A Diploma or Degree in a related field is preferred.
- Previous experience working with vulnerable children, youth and families is an asset (combination of education and experience will be considered).
- Knowledge and experience supporting children and youth exhibiting challenging behaviours.
- Experience working in residential and community care setting - Group Homes (preferred).
- Experience working with children and youth with complex needs and multiple diagnosis (ADD, ADHD, Trauma, FASD, ODD, addictions, mental health, etc.), asset.
- The successful candidate must also have a valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle for work purposes, adequate and current insurance and be willing to provide a Driver’s Abstract upon hire. In addition, a Police Information Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search and an Intervention Record Check must be completed prior to commencement.
- Current Standard CPR and First Aid Certification.
- The successful candidate must also attend Pre-Service Training program.
Required Competencies: All positions at Closer to Home Community Services require (5) competencies: Instills Trust, Consumer Focus, Communicates Effectively, Situational Adaptability and Ensures Accountability.
The Hourly range for this position is $20.00-$25.86 per hour.
Relief Staff do not receive benefits through the organization’s insurance plan.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their Cover Letter and Resume with availability using the following link:
Closing Date: Until suitable candidate is found
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on our organization, please visit our website at www.closertohome.com.