Family Support Worker II – High Prairie, Alberta
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
City: High Prairie, Alberta
Scheduled Hours: 8:30am – 4:30pm Flexible 40 hrs/wk may include some evenings & weekends to accommodate supporting youth & family schedules
Compensation: $26.25 - $33.39/hr PLUS employer-paid health & dental benefits
WJS Canada's social services provide support to youth and their families in High Prairie and the surrounding community, together they create a culturally-responsive, customized family plan, based on best practices. This focused-approach has led families towards life changing results, even in the most complex of cases. Individuals, community agencies, government services, teachers and caregivers can refer youth/families to our program with their consent as well as self-referral.
The Family Support Worker II, provides services to youth and families in the privacy of their own homes and community. Parents find ways to successfully and safely raise their children, by encouraging their strengths and learning new skills, such as daily routine, child development milestones, healthy conflict resolution and strong relationships. They also recommend building a valuable support network for future growth and success by promoting & accessing community resources/programs.
In Your Role You Will
• Travel to family homes and local communities in own vehicle – travel reimbursed.
• Establish trusting relationships with youth, children & families; assisting them in developing interpersonal, communication skills, daily living skills, and other interests.
• Evening and occasional weekend work is required, as this is the time when families with children are together and can be a stressful time for families.
• Connect children & families with support networks, outside agencies and community resources and organize ongoing service delivery.
• Mentor/teach self-esteem, conflict management, addiction and mental health supports.
• For further detail, request a job description.
COVID-19: Please be aware that governments and/or funders within our service sectors are mandating services be provided by employees that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required at time of hiring.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Social Work Diploma or Degree in Social Work, Youth Work, Social Service Worker, Addictions, etc.
• 2+ years social work experience in family support/intervention, youth work, trauma, etc.
• Previous experience in developing community events and projects to engage with youth and families, is desirable.
• Knowledge of aboriginal culture is an asset
• Suicide Intervention and Prevention Training and cultural sensitivity
• Clear Criminal Record and Child Welfare Intervention check
• Valid Alberta Driver’s License, reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance, and clean driver’s abstract
• Valid First Aid / CPR Certificate
• Experience working with computer software systems
• Highly motivated, and able to work independently
What WJS Canada does
WJS keeps families strong through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Family Reunification, Preservation and Support
• Home Visitation
• Supported Family Time
• Family Finding & Engagement
• Child in Care Services
• Foster and Kinship Care and Support
• Personal and Family Counselling
• Driver Escorts for Families
Our Employees Enjoy
• Generous benefit packages including: Employer-paid Dental & Extended Health with 100% prescription coverage, Employer-paid AD&D and $5,000 Dependent Life, 3 weeks annual vacation and more!
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!