Community Disability Support Worker (8pm-8am Nights Awake) - Vegreville Alberta
Job Number: Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
City: Vegreville, Alberta
Schedule: 40+hrs/wk; 12-hours Awake Night Shift 20:00 - 08:00
Compensation: $21.91 - $24.93/hr PLUS employer-paid health & dental benefits
304-34 Vegreville FourPlex - this program supports 4 male clients with complex needs living separate suites within the home. You will be required to work with all the clients at different times as per program needs.
12 hr shifts (8pm - 8am AWAKE)
2 week rotation:
Week #1: Mon, Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun
Week#2: Wed, Thurs
Typical overnight shift may include:
• 8pm - assist/model nightly bed-time routine (personal hygiene, brushing teeth, etc.)
• Overnight awake - ensure a consistent, healthy and safe environment for persons in care. In the event of an emergent situation, sleep staff will be responsible for awake responsibilities to provide immediate support in crisis situations.
•7am-8am - assist/model a regular morning routine, including normal hygiene, household tasks (including food prep, daily chores, etc.)
*This position qualifies for the $21.91 - $24.93/hr complex need rate (paid when directly working with complex needs clients) The regular rate of $18.70 - $21.63 is paid for training/meetings/non-complex needs work.*
In Your Role You Will
• Work independently with the client to achieve their goals; celebrate successes and offer encouragement during setbacks.
• Support/supervise complex behavioural, emotional and social needs/development
• Use de-escalation techniques to deal with challenging behaviours
• Complete job description available upon request
COVID-19: Please be aware that governments and/or funders within our service sectors are mandating services be provided by employees that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required at time of hiring.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Minimum Grade 12 or Diploma/Degree in Disabilities Studies, Social Work, Human Services, Special Education or equivalent
• One (1) year experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities & complex needs.
• MANDATORY - A valid Class 5 Driver License with clear driving abstract and reliable transportation
• Clear criminal record check and social services involvement check
• A positive attitude and belief that persons with disabilities have the right / responsibility to define and pursue their life choices, and pursue active participation and involvement in the community.
• Skills in assisting individuals in anger management, daily living, self help, etc.
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada offers customized social services supports and programs to individuals with developmental disabilities, Acquired Brain Injury, FASD, Autism
We help individuals become independent, improve their lives and develop life skills. Our programs include:
- Self-help skills training
- Community Living
- Home Living Options
- Behavioural consultation
Our Employees Enjoy
• Generous benefit packages (for full time employees) after 3-months employment
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!