Clinical Enhancement Specialist - North Central Alberta
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Schedule: 40 hrs/wk; Monday to Friday but with flexibility as needed to meet the needs of the families. There might be early evening hours and an occasional Saturday.
WJS Canada's social services provide support to youth and their families, who have experienced trauma, including Indigenous families on reserve lands, metis settlements and isolated, rural communities.
Location of office is negotiable - within North Central Alberta (Cold Lake, Lac La Biche, Fort McMurray, etc.) and the communities served.
The Clinical Enhancement Specialist/Counsellor will travel (50%) northern Alberta to provide direct supports to families and children; ensuring excellence in service delivery and collaborating with WJS teams and other stakeholders to ensure continuity of care.
Individuals and their families are invited to help create a culturally-responsive, customized plan, based on their specific needs and counselling best practices. By building customized support programs, instead of delivering services in a rigid, inflexible framework, WJS Canada has produced life changing results, even in the most complex cases.
This position reports to the Clinical Director.
In Your Role You Will
• Provide clinical support and counselling to families and individuals.
• Develop and evaluate individual service plans with clinical lenses.
• Coordinate and support staff in implementing clinical interventions.
• Evaluate progress and outcomes based on client goals.
• Coordinate ongoing care and support transitions.
• Consult and collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team.
• Represent the agency at conferences, meetings, functions as appropriate.
• Complete comprehensive quarterly reports.
• Ensure professional licensing/accreditation requirements meet legal, regulatory, requirements, etc.
• Apply the WJS service delivery model to ensure the organization uses practices that promote the health, welfare, safety and security of families, children and staff.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Registered or Certified with appropriate provincial body - Registered Social Worker, Certified Clinical Counsellor, Registered Clinical Social Worker
• Master’s Degree in Social Work or Psychology
• Minimum 2 years recent experience in clinical case management with diverse families
• Comfort working with Indigenous families on local reservations and metis settlements.
• Competent and experienced with Indigenous protocols.
• Prefer candidate who can speak an Indigenous language (Cree, Blackfoot, Ojibwe, Dene, Stoney, etc)
• Valid Class 5 drivers license and clean drivers abstract.
What WJS Canada does
WJS keeps families strong through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Family Reunification, Preservation and Support
• Home Visitation
• Supported Family Time
• Family Finding & Engagement
• Child in Care Services
• Foster and Kinship Care and Support
• Personal and Family Counselling
• Driver Escorts for Families
We recognize that equity diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important element in our work and in our day to day lives.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Generous benefit packages including: Employer-paid Dental & Extended Health with 100% prescription coverage
• Safe, supportive and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!