Position title: Children’s Ministry Summer Supervisor
Position status: 12 Weeks: Mid-May start date
Ministries: Children’s Ministry
Reports to: Children’s Ministry Pastor
Direct reports: Children’s Ministry Pastor
Posting Date: 2/24/2022
Application deadline: Until the vacancy is filled
SCBC the Church
Scarborough Chinese Baptist Church (SCBC) is a trilingual (English, Cantonese, and Mandarin)
multigenerational church with about 1,800 members. We are strategically located in Scarborough,
Greater Toronto Area, which is one of the most dynamic and multicultural areas in North America.
We strive to serve the local community and beyond seeking to be a blessing to all peoples.
Please visit our website at www.scbc.com.
To work with the Children’s Ministry Pastor to supervise the Children's Ministry’s SummerFun
1. Preparation for camp programs
● Liaise with the SummerFun 2022 program committee to ensure the smooth planning
of the activities with the Children’s Ministry Summer Interns (SI) and for their
execution of the in-person camp.
● Research and develop the teaching/lesson plans and activities for families or children
that can meet the government camp safety standard.
● Participation in the camp program.
● Be involved in the hiring process of mature Christ-followers and qualified candidates
for the Summer Intern positions.
● Be involved in the selection process for volunteers.
● Work with the Church Administration Team to ensure the Summer Interns are
equipped with the tools to accomplish their duties.
● Provide regular mentorship to the Summer Interns.
● Identify (or assist in identifying) and encourage the practice of their giftings.
● Provide/coordinate the appropriate training for the Summer Interns.
● Lead the Summer Interns to develop and deliver the camp programs.
● Organize and plan with the Summer Interns for the volunteers’ training.
● Assess and evaluate the Summer Interns’ performance and progress during their
period of employment.
● Perform exit interviews with the Summer Interns.
● Perform post-event evaluations for the SummerFun camp program.
● Lead and manage the Summer Interns as they perform their non-camp-related roles
● Room Booking and Administration.
● Planning Center Online (PCO) Operation.
● Managing and monitoring the team’s Google Drive.
● Checking in with and updating the Children’s Ministry Pastor.
Any other related duties assigned by the Pastor of Children Ministry.
Capabilities and Characteristics
1. Passion to serve
● Passion for serving families with young children.
● Christ-centered and a strong commitment to God’s mission in the local church.
2. Personality and Abilities
● Excellent communication and organizational skills.
● Ability to set work priorities and work-time flexibility.
● Experience or willingness to work in a collaborative team environment.
● Appreciate the team leaders, volunteers, and staff for their good work to encourage
the positive team spirit.
● Respect the Summer Interns’ abilities/decisions to run the program their own
ways if there is no violation of SCBC’s core values.
● Provide an open conversation environment to communicate with all
staff/volunteers/parents/children. Listen and pray with them about their concerns at
an appropriate time.
● English speaking of any ethnic background.
● Fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin is an asset.
● Feel comfortable using/willing to learn about online software such as PCO.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
This position is funded by the Federal Government under the Canada Summer Jobs
program, the applicant must:
● be between 15 and 30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period
● be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection
has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the
duration of the employment; and,
● have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally
entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial
legislation and regulations.
2. Education and work experience
● Pastoral seminary training will be an asset but not essential.
● Experience in planning and leading camp programs will be an asset
● Past experience serving in past SummerFun camps is preferable.
Please submit a cover letter and resume detailing how you meet the job requirements as soon as
possible to .
Please quote “SummerFun 2022 Summer Supervisor” in the subject line.
As SCBC Staff need to have frequent contacts with the congregants and others in the
community, all applicants must declare their COVID vaccination status in their
application cover letters—whether they have been fully or partially vaccinated. If
offered conditional employment with SCBC, all candidates must provide proof of their
COVID full vaccination before the employment start date. If candidates request COVID
vaccination accommodation based on medical or other valid reasons, such requests will
be considered by the Search Committee.
SCBC is committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work
environments. If contacted by a Search Committee member in relation to an
employment opportunity, please make your accommodation request, if necessary, at
that time. We will take accommodation measures to provide you with a barrier-free
selection process. All accommodation requests will be treated confidentially.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview
will be contacted.
➢ Work times may vary depending on the program operation requirements.
➢ The work schedule will be discussed during the interview.
➢ This is an hourly-based project, therefore statutory holidays are unpaid.
★ SCBC has applied for Canada Summer Jobs funding for the advertised position, if
our application is successful it will be funded by the Federal Government under the
Summer Job Program accordingly.
★ For inquiries please contact:
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!