Film festivals programmer
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE FABIENNE COLAS FOUNDATION
The Fabienne Colas Foundation (FCF) is a not-for-profit cultural organization dedicated to building bridges and advancing education through the arts, as well as to supporting the creation, production, promotion and dissemination of cinema, the arts and culture in Canada and elsewhere. To fulfill its mission, the Foundation put together 12 festivals and programs to break barriers, celebrate diversity, and foster togetherness, understanding and inclusion. Since FCF’s inception in 2005, its initiatives/festivals have showcased and supported over 5,000 artists and attracted millions of festivalgoers in Canada, the U.S., Haiti, and Brazil. The Foundation mostly promotes Black culture in Montreal, Toronto, Halifax, Ottawa, Calgary, Vancouver, New York City, and Salvador de Bahia (Brazil); and Quebec culture in Port-au-Prince. The Foundation is also the creator of the FCF’s Being Black in Canada program, Canada’s largest incubator dedicated to Black filmmakers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE FILM FESTIVALS PROGRAMMER
· Research, view, solicit, screen, evaluate and help select films
· Negotiate agreements with filmmakers, distributors, panelists and guests
· Selecting Opening and Closing film
· Working with other programmers throughout the film selection process
· Working with the logistics department for film material delivery
· Communicate and maintain a great relationship with filmmakers/distributors and producers
· Select Competing Films for the Jury
· Select films with diversity in themes
· Negotiating Film rights with distributors
· Following up with the accounting department about invoice payments for film rights
· Schedule and booking for film presentations (timetable) / special guests attendance
· Attend weekly meetings with the programming team (virtually for now)
· Pitching films to press/promo department for different media outlets
· Any other tasks related to the programming department
· College or University degree in film studies
· Minimum 4 years of relevant experience
· Be comfortable speaking to the media and press about the festival program
· Must be bilingual- French and English
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Maintain a permanent link with all distributors, production companies, directors and artists
agents for festival needs
· Canadian citizen
Please email resume and cover letter to Claudia Campeau at c.campeau@FondationFabienneColas.org and include subject Line: Application for Program Manager
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hours: Full Time- Work remotely
Salary: Depending on experience
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!