Position: Donor Relations Coordinator
Purpose: Working with the Settlement and Integration Team and liaising with the Operation Ukrainian Safe Haven National Secretariat, the Donor Relations Coordinator will implement a strategy of distribution and documentation of donations allotted for the settlement and integration sector in BC.
Reports to: Settlement and Integration Program Manager
Hours & location: 21 hours per week – combination of working from home and working from AMSSA’s office location at 4445 Norfolk Street, Burnaby, BC
Salary: $ 30/ hour – eligible for benefits after three months
Classification: Part-time Contract; April 11, 2022 – March 31, 2023
How to apply: Please send your cover letter and resume to Sabrina Dumitra, Director of Programs at .
Resumes will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. The posting may close without notice.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
AMSSA OVERVIEW AND VALUES
AMSSA is a unique province-wide association that strengthens over 80 member agencies as well as hundreds of community stakeholder agencies who serve immigrants and newcomers, and build culturally inclusive communities, with the knowledge, resources and support they need to fulfill their mandates.
• We value EQUITY and strive to be the catalyst for change which disrupts systems promoting racial and social injustice.
• We value INCLUSIVENESS and work with our members and stakeholders to place voices that have been marginalized in positions of influence, creating space for all perspectives.
• We value INTEGRITY, striving to always work to the highest standards, encouraging innovation, risk taking and leadership; we are always open to new thoughts and maintain accountability in our work.
• We value DIVERSITY, recognizing our own individual biases and engaging members and stakeholders in meaningful ways that promotes inclusion of all voices and perspectives.
• We value MUTUAL RESPECT by respecting what everyone has to offer within their own context of life experiences, opening our hearts and minds to always listening and learning.
• We value COLLABORATION, engaging in equitable partnerships, mindfully exploring old and new ideas to advance the work of AMSSA and our members.
• We value SUSTAINABLE TRANSFORMATION, engaging in continuous individual and organizational reflection and collaboration to build capacity and integrate what we learn into our culture and infrastructure.
• Develop, document and implement a strategy and process for donations and donor relations with input from the IICC Steering Committee.
• Establish and manage information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition and on-going communications.
• Attends meetings and engages with the Operation Ukrainian Safe Haven National Secretariat.
• Liaise with settlement organizations to learn about their donation capacity and needs to support the arrival of Ukrainian Temporary Residents
• Maintain updated lists of organizations supporting the Ukrainian Migration response contact information and their services.
• Participate in external meetings as relevant to AMSSA and the settlement and integration sector.
• Write meeting minutes or notes as required.
• Curates links and resources for the AMSSA website.
• Other duties as require
• 2+ years of nonprofit donor relations experience
• Proven experience developing and implementing strategies and processes for donations
• Excellent relationship building skills
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Demonstrated attention to detail, professional attitude, and ability to maintain confidentiality
• Adaptive and responsive in a dynamic work environment and with shifting priorities
• Ability to work independently, while being a collaborative and communicative team member
• Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving techniques
• Excellent time and resource management techniques
• Proficient with a variety of software and applications: Office 365 including: Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint; Constant Contact/Mailchimp and database management tools; Google Documents and Spreadsheets
• Knowledge of cloud-based electronic filing through Dropbox, Google Drive and One Drive
• Knowledge of current technological online meeting platforms: Zoom, MS Teams
• Post-secondary undergraduate degree or diploma in a relevant discipline is an asset
• Fluency in Ukrainian, Russian and/or French is an asset
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!