Kids Kottage Foundation
Digital Communications and Marketing Coordinator – 1 FTE
Are you passionate about serving your community? Are you an experienced Digital Communications and Marketing Coordinator eager to make a difference in the lives of infants and children?
Kids Kottage Foundation is seeking a talented Digital Communications and Marketing Coordinator to join our team! The ideal candidate has the ability to create and maintain a strong online presence for our Foundation while working closely with our Fund Development Team on Foundation wide objectives. If you are a tech-savvy individual with a passion for digital communications, apply today!
- Managing Kids Kottage Foundation’s social media channels including crafting and scheduling content, growing audiences, and creating new opportunities for relationship building in online communities.
- Manage email marketing efforts.
- Create and oversee online advertising, including social media and Facebook ads.
- Use graphic design skill to create captivating, on-brand visual assets.
- Manage Kids Kottage Foundation’s website by regularly updating content and designing new pages as needed.
- Plan interviews and press conferences.
- Responsible for digital project implementation from project initiation to implementation while coordinating internal and external support.
- Monitor, analyze and report on metrics and analytics that lead to optimization of programs, improvements to user experience and support of strategic objectives.
- Support and collaborate with colleagues to ensure digital strategies are integrated with fund development activities such as events, third party initiatives, sponsorship, and major gifts.
- Familiarity with B2B and B2C advertising campaigns.
- Hands-on experience with web content management tools, like WordPress.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics.
- Track ROI for marketing campaigns.
- Join social media groups and professional platforms to discuss industry-related topics.
- Experience with marketing campaigns on social media.
- Lead on the development of online event platforms to host workshops and trainings.
- Host digital engagement opportunities for social media followers.
- Develop pitches and press releases for local media.
- Oversee the work of freelancers such as photographers, designers’ videographers.
- Writing and editing blog posts and building relationships with community members to co-create blog posts.
- Occasional workshop facilitation
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop content creatively and efficiently for digital and other communication channels such as blogs, social media, and reports.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be resourceful and creative.
- High level interest in using social media and online platforms including EventBrite, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo, Flickr, Linktree, LinkedIn, and Zoom among others.
- 2 years’ experience or more in the not-for-profit sector
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices.
- Intermediate/ advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong understanding of digital analytics, including ability to collect, analyze and interpret data to guide data-informed decision making.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to synthesize complex information and translate into materials that are accessible and interesting to a range of stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to foster positive relationships and communicate well with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of the barriers and challenges that confront the most vulnerable; infants, children and their caregivers, including low income families, indigenous youth, LGBT2SQ.
- BSc in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or relevant field
- Criminal Record Check obtained less than six (6) months ago
- Child and Youth Intervention Check obtained less than six (6) months ago
- Class 5 Drivers License and proof of valid insurance ($1 Million third party liability)
Hours of Work:
- This is a permanent, full-time position (5 days a week, at 40 hours per week).
- Based on education, skills, abilities, and experience. Upon completion of a probationary period, we additionally offer a comprehensive, competitive, extended health benefits package.
- Open until a suitable candidate is found.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage all candidates who self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities to apply.
The COVID-19 Vaccination Verification Policy for Kids Kottage Foundation requires all Kids Kottage Foundation personnel to be fully vaccinated. This is a condition of employment, should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify terms and conditions of employment then the hiring manager or a human resources representative will contact you in order to complete a vaccination verification.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by Kids Kottage Foundation. These screenings may include a criminal record check, clear vulnerable sector check.