Marketing Coordinator, Canada Digital Adoption Program
Reports to: Senior Marketing & Communications Manager
Status: Temporary, Full-time, 1-year Contract with potential for extension
ABOUT SMALL BUSINESS BC
Small Business BC (SBBC) is a non-profit organization that is here to help British Columbia’s entrepreneurs grow successful and sustainable businesses. Supported by PacifiCan and the BC Ministry of Jobs, Economic Recovery and Innovation, we celebrate and champion the thriving small business community within BC.
We are seeking an ambitious and driven Marketing Coordinator who is interested in being part of a passionate team that manages the delivery of the Canada Digital Adoption (CDAP) – Grow Your Business Online Program administered by Small Business BC. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to become part of a program that assists small businesses with digital adoption and partners youth with entrepreneurs to grow business online in B.C. Reporting to the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager, this position is responsible for digital and traditional marketing strategies and implementation, including websites, newsletters, social media, communications, and advertising.
This position is for a one-year contract with potential for extension contingent on continued program funding.
JOB DUTIES & TASKS
- In collaboration with the SBBC Marketing and Communications team and Program Manager, develops and implements CDAP’s marketing plans, branding and strategy.
- In collaboration with the SBBC Marketing and Communications team, develops marketing materials and implements engaging promotional and advertising initiatives for the program.
- Develops and implements cooperative and cross marketing initiatives with program partners and SBBC’s partner organizations.
- Develops and implements schedule of Program’s marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Identifies and analyzes new target markets and equity-deserving groups for further engagement.
- Builds and manages Program’s social media.
- Creates promotional materials for email marketing and print media.
- In collaboration with the Web Developer, oversees the Program’s landing page content, updates, and maintenance.
- Administers social media and Google AdWords advertising budget for delivery of Program’s campaigns and objectives.
- Implements SEO best practice and link building strategies – including conducting keyword research, improving web copy, and benchmarking web performance.
- Liaises with Government Communications Department on announcements, design and copy approvals.
- Utilizes a Customer Relationship Management System for data analysis and stakeholder management
- In conjunction with the Program Manager, executes contract deliverables related to social media campaigns.
- Reports on and monitors success marketing activities and measures ROI in collaboration with the Senior Marketing & Communications Manager and Program Manager.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in either Marketing, Design, Communications or Advertising, or an equivalent combination of education and business-related experience.
- Minimum 3 years of progressive marketing experience.
- Experience in implementing strategic traditional and digital marketing plans.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Outlook and G- Suite
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing, online campaign management and social media platforms
- Team-oriented, reliable, driven, excellent work ethic and attention to detail
- Creativity, originality, and strong visual sense
- Resourcefulness and the use of creative thinking to solve problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills combined with a high level of professionalism.
- General knowledge of a wide variety of business subjects & an entrepreneurial mindset
- Knowledge of and experience with Google AdWords (running Search and Display ads), Facebook advertising, YouTube ads, email marketing (Mail chimp) and creating landing page for opt-in.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with strong organizational skills, follow-through, and ability to juggle competing priorities with limited supervision
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite an asset.
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi).
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
- Remuneration: BCGEU Level: Range 18, Step 1 $2,233.00 bi-weekly (non-negotiable).
(Small Business BC is not a government department; however, this position is a part of the BC Government Employees Union)
- Strengthening Health & Wellbeing: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months, including 100% Employer paid Extended Health Benefits, Vision Care, Dental coverage, and Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Investing in YOUR future: We have a generous group RRSP Matching Plus plan.
- Relax & Recharge: Paid time off and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks.
- Shape the Community: Be a part of a young, talented, driven, and fun team working hard to make a difference within the small business community.
- More Flexibility: Our Hybrid work model lets you split your time between home and the office
To apply for this position, please visit our website. No phone inquiries please. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Small Business BC is an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Please note: To keep our employees, clients, and the communities we serve safe, Small Business BC employees will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (proof is not required as part of the application process, however, will be required upon consideration for employment). Accommodations may be applicable under the BC Human Rights Code for successful applicants.