Established in 1973, Interval House is Canada‘s first shelter for women and children experiencing abuse. We are trailblazers in the campaign for women’s empowerment and independence and we provide innovative, specialized, and transformative services that help to break the cycle of intimate partner violence.
Join us and be a part of our team:
Are you passionate about delivering superior services and care to clients? Do you have some knowledge of the challenges affecting women who have experienced intimate partner violence? Do you value organized and structured case management and a formal client support process? Are you results focused with an emphasis on quality and quantity standards with great attention to detail? Do you thrive in a diverse, supportive, and change-positive team?
The Community Program team is a group of caring, dedicated staff that provides a continuum of services including integrated and specialized services to help women build their economic self-sufficiency (BESS). Our many services include employability skills coaching, finding jobs, partner with employers and linking them with suitable clients, supportive one on one counselling, life skills workshops as well as housing support and referrals to other services.
The Job Developer position will report to the Community Programs Manager.
As a Job Developer you will utilize your planning, implementation and evaluation skills to support clients’ employment search, career planning/counselling and case management within the social services sector. Apply your communication, negotiation and networking skills to expand the networks and connections of employment opportunities, resources and contacts that will promote and support the efforts of Interval House clients to rebuild their lives within their communities.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
Activities that focus on job development, career planning/counselling and case management services, such as:
• Negotiate and securing job opportunity agreements between employers and clients
• Determine the client’s skills and abilities, employment interests and barriers to securing and maintaining successful
employment and identify when career change is necessary
• Assess and support job search, résumé writing, cover letters and interviewing skills
• Coach and guide clients to empower them to be self-sufficient in their job search
• Initiate and maintain connections with employer partners to place clients in positions that are appropriate to their employment goals
• Provide continued support to employed clients for job retention
• Maintain statistical data and generate program reports for Manager
• Assess client information and collaborate with clients to develop case plans that meet their individual need
establishing timelines and responsibilities & promotes activities that foster client self-sufficiency.
• Monitors & documents relevant information
• Keep up to date with labour market trends
Job & Competency Requirements:
• Relevant education and a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience relevant to job development
• Skills and experience in program planning and implementation
• Excellent communication, negotiation, interpersonal, and time management skills with great attention to detail
• Ability to consistently deliver a high level of customer service to all stakeholders
• Knowledge and understanding of the target group, employment legislations, labor market information and resources in Toronto
• Demonstrated administrative and technological skills in client case management database
• Computer literate with skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Access, and Power Point
• Analytical, planning, organizing and reporting skills – verbal and written
• Ability to identify and mitigate risks
• Consistently demonstrate positive and professional behavior
• Ability to build and maintain interpersonal trust
• Exhibit enthusiasm in accepting new challenges to develop knowledge and skills
You will benefit from
Employer paid Group Insurance benefits
Paid vacation and sick benefits
Growth and professional development opportunities
Working with a supportive, fun-loving team
Please submit your cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources Subject line: JOB DEVELOPER
Good to Know
We thank all applicants. Please note, only applicants who meet the requirements will be contacted.
Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination (including booster shot) against Covid-19 is required before hire date.
Must be eligible to commit to a permanent employment contract.
All successful applicants must agree to undergo a police vulnerable sector check.
Interval House demonstrates its commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, respect in the workplace and does not condone any form of discrimination and workplace violence.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!