Harvest Project is a community-leading non-profit organization, bringing life-changing resources to hundreds of North Shore residents in their journeys towards a healthier life. We bring transformative change into the lives of vulnerable people. Our mandate is to offer support and create programs to reduce the depth and length of time our clients experience poverty, in order to improve the overall health of the community. Read more about us at www.harvestproject.org.
We know that individuals experiencing the effects of poverty require a supported pathway that will help remove barriers to a more integrated, sustainable engagement in the community. With your collaborative style, self-direction, and compassion we will move this vision forward together.
The Case Manager main responsibilities are to:
- Review our current processes and build out a robust case management model to strengthen our current services, and build on existing external resources. Our vision is to maximize the benefits of case management for people in poverty.
- Work collaboratively within an integrated team of staff and volunteers to deliver services and provide support to clients associated with Harvest Project. Your experience and solid knowledge of case management best practices will provide oversight and help define, create, implement and maintain the effective delivery of Harvest Project’s integrated case management model.
- Focus on compliance with legislated requirements, to implement effective safety systems and appropriate responses to legal and risk management requirements, including suicide responsiveness.
- Use your strong networking skills to review available community resources and relationships, identify gaps and target additional resources to ensure a complete support network for each individual client.
Harvest Project provides:
- Compensation for this position ranges from $26.00 to $32.00 per hour, determined by education, experience, and skills.
- Extended health medical benefits.
- Opportunities for growth and development.
- An enjoyable and dynamic team-culture of collaboration, support and flexibility.
- Opportunities to make a positive impact on the communities we serve.
The role requires:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social work or related field, preferably with clinical experience.
- Current registration in good standing with the B.C. professional association related to your field of study.
- A minimum of four years’ case management experience is essential, with specific experience and knowledge of issues related to poverty, unemployment, and homelessness.
- Awareness of community services, resources, and systems with proven ability to work with them.
- Previous experience in a non-profit organization is a plus.
- Previous experience with psychological aspects of care.
You also possess:
- A solid knowledge of case management best practices that support successful client outcomes.
- Sound knowledge of policies, procedures, laws, and regulations that govern the case management process for serving vulnerable adults and their families.
- Effective personal leadership skills, with a focus on training, mentoring, coaching, and collaborating.
- Experience with in-group facilitation, developing training and workshop delivery.
- A client-centered, culturally sensitive, anti-oppressive approach to work with clients.
- The ability to handle difficult situations, identify key issues and overcome challenges through creative problem solving.
- The ability to de-escalate challenging situations using advanced conflict resolution skills, compassion, and empathy.
- Strong organization skills to work with multiple clients and service agencies – you are adept at planning to ensure timely service delivery to clients.
- Sound judgment, with strong problem-solving skills.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within diverse stakeholders, including multicultural and multi-faith.
- Solid skills with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and client management databases with a willingness to learn new tech skills.
- Occasional work to be done outside of core hours.
- Driver’s license and a clear driving record is required.
- Will, at times, be in contact with clients in crisis situations.
- A criminal/vulnerable sector record check is a required condition of employment.