Organization: WJS Canada
Job Title: Disability Services Worker (Sleep shift) - Bonnyville
Job Type: Temporary, Full-Time
Location: Bonnyville, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 54 awake/72 sleep (bi-weekly)
Scheduled Hours: 7pm to 9am (sleep 11pm - 7am) Week one: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday Week two: Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Thursday 6 awake hours at regular pay, 8 sleep hours at $15/hr
We provide compassionate, long term care to individuals with special needs within a residential group home or their private accommodation, by encouraging independence and community inclusion.
This front-line role sleeps at the client's residence and to assist them during overnight hours if needed.
Typical overnight shift may include:
• 7pm (4 awake hrs) - model nightly bed-time routine (personal care, bathing, brushing teeth, etc.) ensure a consistent and safe environment for persons in care.
•11pm-7am (8 sleep hrs)- sleep hours are paid at $15/hr - You are provided your own bedroom, within the residence and as required, sleep staff will provide immediate support in crisis situations.
•7am-9am (2 awake hrs) - regular morning routine, including normal hygiene, assist with personal care, household tasks (including food prep, daily chores, etc.)
***This 14-hour shift position is 6-awake hours (regular rate $18.70- $21.63/hr). Sleep rate of $15/hr applies between 11pm and 7am***
In Your Role You Will
• Mentor, guide and encourage individuals with activities of daily living, including personal care and hygiene.
• Implement person-centered plans designed to develop independent living skills.
• Ensure exceptional customer service to the individuals and families we support.
• Model socially appropriate behaviours
• Administer medical administration or first aid, if needed.
• Understand and implement the required program standards and home care procedures.
• Maintain records of service provision.
COVID-19: Please be aware that governments and/or funders within our service sectors are mandating services be provided by employees that are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required at time of hiring.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• High School Diploma
• MANDATORY - One (1) year direct care experience
• Valid Class 5 Driver License and reliable vehicle
• A positive attitude and belief that ALL persons have the right/responsibility to define and pursue their life choices and participate in their community.
• Behaviour regulation and ADL skills
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and guidelines for personal health and safety, as appropriate.
What WJS Canada does
WJS helps people with developmental disabilities thrive in their communities through:
• Community-based homes and residential care
• Supportive Independent living
• Respite care
• Day programs, community involvement, employment supports
Our Employees Enjoy
• Generous benefit packages (for staff 30+hrs/wk) starting after 3-months employment, including: Employer-paid Dental & Extended Health with 100% prescription coverage, Employer-paid AD&D and $5,000 Dependent Life, 2 weeks annual vacation to start and more!
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Opportunity to discuss one-time signing bonus OR relocation expense.
We recognize that equity diversity and inclusion (EDI) is an important element in our work and in our day to day lives
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!